i'm writing my own lightweight server for audio streaming, currently i've made frontend client which decodes mp3 file and send buffer to server, now i'm trying to write that buffer to a file and stream it with madplay on omega. Some future plan is to add sd card or some other data storage so i can queue more files or save songs which finish streaming and add them to some playlist
Hi @Rudy-Trujillo, thanks for uploading the screenshot. There should be some output to the left of your second screenshot. Would you be able to show me what it says? The red X at the top shows that there is an error, but I wasn't able to reproduce this error on my browsers. It would be really helpful if I can find out what the error is.
Hi @fader, ah, that's because it is built with our test build environment. I forgot to do a pull before doing the compilation. I will try to do another compile for you tomorrow. But yeah, that's the kind of versioning problem I was talking about in the last post. We still haven't thought of a good way to manage all this. Any idea would be greatly appreciated!
Hi @Brett-Shipes, I'm very sorry about wasting your time. It is our fault for failing to ensure a quality in our manufacturing process. Would you please just try turning the switch with a pin one more time as shown below. If that does not work we will give you a full refund.
The red arrow points to the location where the switch has broken off. What you should try to do is to use the tip of the needle to push it to the right to the ON position. Another thing that I have noticed is that your Omega isn't fully plugged into the dock. So it could be that you have already turned the switch to the ON position, but as a result of the improper connection between the Omega and the Dock, it wasn't able to turn on. So please push the Omega all the way into the Dock before trying to turn the switch with a pin.
Thank you for your patience in dealing with us, and I apologize again for wasting your time.
@Daniel-Wright The way that I learnt Python was by reading this book: http://learnpythonthehardway.org. It's an intimidating title, but it's not as hard as you might think, and it does a great job of building up some good habits when you are writing code in Python.
Hi @Kenneth-Lim, it seems that your Omega was configured to connect to your home router, but wasn't able to connect properly. In order to turn on the Access Point, your primary network needs to be either turned off or properly connected. Since it wasn't connected properly, access point wasn't able to start. We do have a service running in the back ground called wifi-saint that checks to see if primary network is setup properly, and turn it off in order to allow access point to run, however, it is run at an interval of every 5 minutes.
Hi @john-b, Yes, there is a way for you to "make" your own ethernet expansion, however it is going to require some hacking, especially since you do not have expansion dock. The Arduino Dock does not break out any pins from the Omega itself, so as fas as flashing the Omega goes, it won't be able to contribute much.