We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Is there any chance the Omega would run Shairport?

• I have been working with the Raspberry Pi on creating shairport speakers for our church. I was just wondering if there was any possibility of shairport being run on the omega? Here is a web page that has some details about shairport and installing it on the Raspberry Pi. I just don't know all the capabilities of the omega as yet.

http://drewlustro.com/hi-fi-audio-via-airplay-on-raspberry-pi/

Thanks for any help or ideas on other ways of doing this.

Dan

• Hi @Daniel-Wright, there probably is a way to run shairport on the Omega. However, we still haven't had a chance to design an audio expansion for the Omega yet. We are planning to do that in the new year. Once the Omega supports audio, i think making it into a airplay station shouldn't be an issue.

• Im currently looking into audio support, with the server software I use, there is a shairport plugin. So Apple devices would share to the server software which in turn passes it onto the client (wifi speaker) devices.

If I get the squeezeslave software to work, if you have a similar server software setup (if you have multiple speakers Id assume so) then there shouldnt be a problem.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.