We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

TFT screen via SPI not working

• Hi,
    I have a Omega 2+ running the latest firmware and am using it with an Expansion Dock. I wanted to see if I could connect an Adafruit TFT screen via SPI. I tried following the SPI instructions in the wiki but couldn't make it work. Here are the details:

Pin connections:
    TFT -> Expansion Dock (Omega2+)
    3-5V on TFT -> 5V pin
    GND on TFT -> GND
    CLK on TFT -> Pin7 on dock
    MISO -> Pin 9 on Dock
    MOSI -> Pin 8 on dock
    CS -> Pin 6 on dock
    Backlite pin connected to GND

When I tried running:

root@Omega-ABCD:/dev# spi-tool -b 32766 -d 1 write 0x12 0x42
    SPI Write to addr 0x12: 0x42
    > ERROR: could not open sysfs device '/dev/spidev1.32766'
    root@Omega-ABCD:/dev# ls /dev/spidev1.32766
    > ls: /dev/spidev1.32766: No such file or directory

root@Omega-ABCD:/dev# ls spidev32766.1
    > spidev32766.1

It seems that the -b and -d arguments were swapped in the spi-tool, so I tried by swapping them in the command.

root@Omega-ABCD:/dev# spi-tool -b 1 -d 32766 write 0x12 0x42
    SPI Write to addr 0x12: 0x42

Here, the write succeeded without any error, but nothing showed up on my TFT screen.

I have two questions:

1. Is there a bug where the spi-tool has it's arguments swapped because such a directory doesn't exist?
    2. Has anybody been able to connect such a display to Omega2+? Any suggestions about how to proceed from here?

Any help would be really appreciated as I'm a beginner in this space.

Device Firmware Version: 0.1.9 b149
    Checking latest version online...
    Repo Firmware Version: 0.1.9 b149
    Comparing version numbers
    Device firmware is up to date!

• @at there are bugs in the SPI support - I suggest looking at this forum thread for background:

https://community.onion.io/topic/1560/spi-pins-for-the-omega2/30

The summary answer is: you probably should try @WereCatf 's firmware image.

(However, I expect spi-tool write 0x12 0x42 to correctly send 0x12 0x42 to the device, so it might be something else)

• Hi! How did this work out for you? Looking to do the same now so would be interested in your result.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.