We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Adding other repos for missing packages

• I see that you have moved away from using openwrt and are using your own repos now however that causes a bit of an issue when a package I need, say tinc, is not in those repos.

Is there a way to add additional repos without breaking things?

Thanks.

• Just add a line to the following file
    /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf

I would make a copy of the file first. And then comment out all the other lines.

Then, just run the normal

opkg update

and then

opkg install <package name>

• @T-NT said in Adding other repos for missing packages:

I see that you have moved away from using openwrt and are using your own repos now

It is still openWRT, just based on the lede project. The onion own repos are just stuff for the omega2 & 2+.

however that causes a bit of an issue when a package I need, say tinc, is not in those repos.

In the config file where @Brad-Buskey mentioned are the lede repos commented out. You just have to uncomment them to get the whole punch of progs back.

Is there a way to add additional repos without breaking things?

With them from the config file i guess you will be on the secure side. I hope the onioneers learned from the past and will not compile with different (as the base) kernel versions anymore ...

Assumption:
    I do believe they are commented out that when you do opkg update not will fill up your memory so fast and got more space for your own aplications.

• @Brad-Buskey

Ahh yes.. I kinda know that I was wondering what URL I need to add? Though I fear it will not help in any case as according to this link tinc isn't there.

I am not adverse to cross compiling myself but tinc relies on the tun.ko which of course it compiled against the current kernel. tun does not seem to be a built module for the default kernel on o2+ It means building a custom kernel and that gives another overhead I have to deal with.

I pressed for using your own repos on the first onion because of mismatched kernels and and modules. But that was with with OpenWRT.

Any recommendations how I should go about getting packages submitted to the onion repo?

Edit: Seems the tun modules from LEDE is compatible so that is a plus. Now I just need to compile tine for LEDE as well.

Thanks.

• @T-NT said in Adding other repos for missing packages:

Though I fear it will not help in any case as according to this link tinc isn't there.

https://lede-project.org/packages/pkgdata/tinc

• @WereCatf said in Adding other repos for missing packages:

@T-NT said in Adding other repos for missing packages:

Though I fear it will not help in any case as according to this link tinc isn't there.

https://lede-project.org/packages/pkgdata/tinc

Oh.. not sure how I missed that? Doh!

thanks.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.