We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Simple Network Config Please

• Hi,

What I want should be quite simple, yet I am unable to get the thing (Omega 2) working to my satisfaction.

I understand that OpenWRT is meant to be a router distribution, but I want to use the Omega2 in an IoT setting. So:

• I do not want dnsmasq in the way.
    • I do not want a fancy firewall, best left to a router
    • I want just 3 straightforward network interfaces
      • loopback (no problem here)
      • wifi connecting as a client to my SSID using the required password
        and configured via dhcp (including dns, ntp, routes and whatever
        option is set by the dhcp server
      • ethernet in a config similar to that of wifi

The wifi and ethernet should use SLAAC for IPv6 configuration.

This really should be a easy thing, and I have done it countless times on Linux boxes, yet I have not succeeded so far on the Omega 2. I've tried modifying the files in /etc/config, I looked at board.js (Why define the proto there???) ... but to no avail. I did not understand where apcli0 was defined even when there was no mention of that interface in the config files. I also got it to not appear when it was defined.

In a word, I am stymied! Help please.

• May be I should add that I got to this point

2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel state UNKNOWN qlen ...
    link/ether 40:a3:6b:b3:a7:0d brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet6 fe80::42a3:6bff:feb3:a70d/64 scope link
    valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    3: ra0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel state UNKNOWN qlen ...
    link/ether 40:a3:6b:b3:a7:0e brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet6 fe80::42a3:6bff:feb3:a70e/64 scope link
    4: apcli0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel state UNKNOWN ...
    link/ether 42:a3:6b:00:a7:0e brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 192.168.0.10/24 brd 192.168.0.255 scope global apcli0
    inet6 fe80::40a3:6bff:fe00:a70e/64 scope link

With resolv.conf being set correctly and routes too. But, no SLAAC, and the wifi is split over 2 interfaces. The SLAAC is by far the most important. Plus the state is "UNKNOWN" which is kind of weird

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.