We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

USB GPS not working, solder issue

• Hello, I've been slowly testing most of the items I received. So far, most everything is working, however, when I tried to use the USB GPS, it doesn't work. I took a closer look, and it looks like manufacturing messed up on some soldering. It looks like someone let a three yo finish off the last few pins šŸ™‚
    I was tempted to try to clean it up myself, but I don't want to void any warranty.

How do I go about getting a replacement?

Here's a link to an image.
    link text

Thanks,
    Richard.

• yes there have been several reports of problems with the gps module. try searching this forum.

• @Douglas-Kryder
    Thanks Douglas, I did search the forum, but didn't find any with this same manufacturing issue.
    I probably didn't word it correctly, but I was mostly looking for warranty information. This one page I found on their site I thought was for shipping damage, but since it's the only thing I found, I guess their warranty is only 35 days. I should have tested everything sooner - bummer.
    Richard.

• I believe that 'bridged pin' is intended however the mess on the shield is not. Double check mine once I can and the datasheet but when I last looked that was a common pin so they just bridge it.

• Yep, thought I was right.. It's just a NC so it's bridged and even on the schematic.

alt text

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.