We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Suggestion: Announcement, Categories & Roadmap.

• Hi,

As people are receiving more their Omegas and you officially closed the comments section in KickStarter (not monitoring anymore), here some suggestions:

• Add Announcement category for all the new firmware and major news. ( Much easy to monitor)

• Add more Categories to the community before it get too messy like: Firmware, Console, Docks (and maybe even one Categories per dock type if there is no sub-categories), Startup or Beginner, etc.

• Add Roadmap page: We all know you are working very hard but maybe an official Roadmap should remove confusion and wrong expectation about the delivery even if it is rough estimation: Cloud, Firmware, Console, API, Library, etc. Btw I like the Shipping roadmap with Confidence of level, it give us a good indication of probability.

• Update the Shipping Schedule: Any new update or confidence of level change? Even if there is no news, updating the page DATE will indicate that this is the latest update. (Latest update Nov 8. 2015)

Let me know what you think, Thanks.

• @Eric-P. Thank you very much for your suggestions! Here are some of our thoughts:

1. We're not a big fan of categories in a forum because sometimes it can be hard to determine which category a given post should be placed under. To classify the posts, we are currently using the tag system (so that each post can have multiple tags). We will definitely consider creating a category for Announcements, but what do you think about making announcements through the blog instead?
    2. Roadmap page is definitely something we will add, and it is currently under construction šŸ™‚ We should have it up on Monday when we announce the November 2 release of the Console.
    3. So far there hasn't been any update on the shipping schedule, so we will definitely update the time as you have suggested.

Please let me know if there's anything else you would like to add!

• Hi Boken,

No problem, those are suggesting and this is really your call. I personally found the Categories giving more a structure to a community and make it easy to browse general subject vs Tag system which is a great complement are used for specific word and searching.

As for the Announcement, my point was more toward how we get notify via the Blog instead of Community where we already have a notification system where we can watch thread. I believe you can still used the Blog and just have a thread that announce the new message with the link to the Blog. This way we can monitor it the thread and look at the blog.

For the roadmap I presume you mean December 2. Time fly šŸ™‚

• @Eric-P. For the roadmap i actually mean November 2 release, which will be on Monday šŸ™‚

• @Boken-Lin said:

@Eric-P. For the roadmap i actually mean November 2 release, which will be on Monday šŸ™‚

cough I think you find Monday will be 2nd of December, unless you happen to be living in a time warp? šŸ˜‰

• @Boken-Lin said:

what do you think about making announcements through the blog instead?

Well if I can point out, the blog does not have an RSS feed so automatic notifications are not feasible unless you happen to visit the blog or read the forums. Set up one of those and I will add it to my RSS aggregator and keep track of announcements.

• @T-NT Isn't monday the 30th of November?

And RSS is a great idea! I will make sure I add that to our to -do list šŸ™‚

• @Boken-Lin said:

@T-NT Isn't monday the 30th of November?

Opps. yeah.. getting ahead of myself. Keep thinking it is December already. Too cold and windy here that's why

And RSS is a great idea! I will make sure I add that to our to -do list šŸ™‚

Cool.. I appreciate if I can keep up to date with changes and new products. šŸ™‚

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.