We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Are there 2 versions of the Expansion Dock?

• I just noticed that the Expansion dock I am using (from the first Onion campaign ) has a different pin out from the one in the documentation.

Was there more than one version of the dock? In which case should I follow the documentation pin out for new dock given it is plugged into the Omega 2+ or should I follow the markings on the dock itself?

I am mindful that I must not use some pins that are needed for the boot process so I don't want to make a mistake.

Thanks.

• there have been some discussions about the first omega & omega2 expansion docks are not the same and omega2 will not work in first omega. i have not read the thread in awhile though.

• @Douglas-Kryder

omega2 will not work in first omega

Umm.. mine is. Just the labels on the GPIO expansion differ a little. So I am not 100% sure where GPIO11 is for example because it is not shown on my dock.

This is what it looks like:

Omega1-dock

Also this dock still provides a console over USB. I've used that to debug wifi problems before.

• @T-NT

For the record it appears that despite label differences the GPIO assignments are the same. So I am able to use GPIO 0, 14, 18, 19, 23 and 26 no problem. I can probally also use 12 & 13 as well.

This is good news for me because I had already hot-snoted my expansion dock in place and did not fancy pulling it apart again.

Edit: Of course the pins are the same the names are as the Omega 2 dock though, so 14, 23,26 becomes 46,2,3. Simple to correct and all works fine now. šŸ™‚ What a mess of wires though šŸ˜›

• I got the same issue, do you mean that GPIOX (as in python code) is controlling the GPIOX (as shown on dock)?

• @Fai-Wong

do you mean that GPIOX (as in python code) is controlling the GPIOX (as shown on dock)?

I mean the electrical traces seem to be identical so where the GPIO pins are listed in the 2 dock they are actually still on the 1 dock. Just the names have changed. Basically I did not have to change the dock because I could still use the same GPIO pins as if it was a 2 dock but taking into account the gotcha of using GPIO pins 1 6 7 8 and 45 as per the annotated pinout otherwise the Omega might not boot.

Handy. The hardware is built now and works fine just need to concentrate on the software.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.