We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

very big errors !!!!!

• Hello before I introduce myself, a few days ago acquired his model onion omega plus and a broard (the charger) and I have found the following faults;

The mac supplied (that of the chip) does not correspond to the mac that appears engraved or so that's why I do not allow to enter the clound, and sometimes ma gives the error of mac and duplicate uid.

I ask ; How do I change the mac without having to change it every time I log in with the fake mac ...?

The factory reset does not work, all the changes that were made are still with neither option nor rewriting and using the sys ...

I ask how can I remove two folders that will not let me delete the root? When trying to delete them all disappears but voila ... on restart there is ...

• what are the names of the 2 folders?

• rom and overlay thanks !!!

• root@Omega-xxxx:/# ls
    bin etc mnt proc root sys usr www
    dev lib overlay rom sbin tmp var

• i'm not positive but i think those folders are necessary for the operation of the omega2.. why is it that you need to delete them?

• @Douglas-Kryder overlay I appeared at the root of an error (mio) running (mount /dev/sda1 /mnt ; tar -C /overlay -cvf - . | tar -C /mnt -xf - ; umount /mnt)

• @ice-master

You can't delete /rom or /overlay.

That is because the Omega2 (and most other LEDE or OpenWrt based systems, for that matter) only appear to have a writable file system, but this is an illusion šŸ™‚

In fact what you see as one root file system is a read-only file system plus a so called overlay. The read-only part is what you see in /rom and this is how a brand new installed system looks like. That's why all directories you see in / you see again in /rom.

Then, there is a second, writable file system which is initially empty, called the overlay (represented by stuff in /overlay you should not mess with manually!)

When you write or change a file, a copy of it will be created in /overlay/upper. The overlayfs file system will make the changed file appear at the original path, hiding the immutable original.

That's also why deleting files does not free any disk space, but only hides the files. In fact, deleting even consumes a bit of disk space, because so-called delete markers must be stored in the overlay.

You can read about all this in (maybe too) great detail in openwrt docs, if you want.

If you just want to do a factory reset, meaning going to the state of a freshly installed firmware image, just type:

umount /overlay && jffs2reset && reboot

as described in LEDE-project docs here

• @ice-master your command line is wrong, this,
    mount /dev/<device name> /mnt/ ; tar -C /overlay -cvf - . | tar -C /mnt/ -xf - ; umount /mnt/
    notice forward slash on each side of mnt.../mnt/ you missed it three times.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.