We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

[SOLVED] Omega can't connect to WiFi

• @Nito-Weber This wiki might be helpful to you: https://wiki.onion.io/Tutorials/Connecting-Omega-to-Wifi-Hotspot-that-Requres-Login. Please let me know if this helps!

• When I received my Omega I could not connect it to my WiFi network. However I could with my Android phone see Omega-1D1D as a hotspot access point so I connected to it , noted the IP address then used the browser on my Android to connect (can't remember if I had to login) then it offered the setup wizard and updated the firmware. Sorry can not remember the full sequence but a bit hassled at the time trying to get it to go. My private WiFi network was on 10.0.x.x once the wizard had finished and I had added my network Omega was given a new IP in the 10.x.x.x range and now connects OK every time.

• Thank you for your help @Anthony-Wakefield and @Boken-Lin !

I tried the wiki and thought it might work but it didn't... Just to get it right: I log in to the omega AP and then browse whereever to get a site to log in to the network THROUGH the omega? at least, that is what i tried now and it didn't really work. I get an IP adress but there's still no network/internet connection.

I tried @Anthony-Wakefield 's version both with Android and iOS but i cannot access the IP through the phone's browser. "This website isn't available"...

• upload-6dafabc8-21d6-4f56-bba8-01c533573201

that's how far i got with the wiki...

• @Nito-Weber Ah, you need to edit that file. With the command you entered, you were trying to execute the file as a program. Try vi /etc/config/wireless or nano /etc/config/wireless. Although you'll need to install nano first.

• i added a line there but how do i save things? @Boken-Lin

• @Nito-Weber Press ESC and then type :wq, press ENTER.

• @Boken-Lin well.... i managed to save but i think i need a default version of /etc/config/wireless now becausethe omega won't connect to any wifi (not even my iPhone hotspot).

upload-522d35fc-7f0b-4397-9362-fe24f1ffea3f

does this help you? i'm sorry i produce one problem after another but i'm a total beginner! I didn't know how the VI editor works. now i do but i would like to restore the default version of/etc/config/wireless

• @Nito-Weber This is the default:

config wifi-device 'radio0'
            option type 'mac80211'
            option hwmode '11g'
            option path 'platform/ar933x_wmac'
            option htmode 'HT20'
            option disabled '0'
            option channel '9'
            option txpower '30'
            option country 'US'

config wifi-iface
            option device 'radio0'
            option network 'wlan'
            option mode 'ap'
            option ssid 'Omega-0104'
            option encryption 'psk2'
            option key 'onioneer'

config wifi-iface
            option device 'radio0'
            option mode 'sta'
            option network 'wwan'
            option ssid 'Router'
            option encryption 'psk2'
            option key 'P@ssw0rd'

• @Boken-Lin I accidently deleted the very first line yesterday. so i checked the default version and mine is the same now (except from the network settings in the end). but as soon as i try to connect to my wifi it says:

Connecting to Shire network using intf 1...
    'radio0' is disabled
    'radio0' is disabled
    Checking wwan device status...
    wwan is not up!!
    Checking internet connection...
    ERROR: request timeout, internet connection not successful
    Disabling network on iface 1 ...
    Done!

Doesn't seem to be right but i don't see any difference between the default and my version.

So my question is:

• What is intf 1 or intf 2?
    • why isn't wwan up any more?
    • how can i fix this?

Thanks in advance šŸ™‚

• @Nito-Weber Perhaps you have changed some settings in /etc/config/network

Here's the default content of that file:

config interface 'loopback'
        option ifname 'lo'
        option proto 'static'
        option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
        option netmask '255.0.0.0'

#config globals 'globals'
    #   option ula_prefix 'fd28:1f13:5b38::/48'

#config interface 'lan'
    #   option ifname 'eth0'
    #   option type 'bridge'
    #   option proto 'static'
    #   option ipaddr '192.168.3.1'
    #   option netmask '255.255.255.0'
    #   option ip6assign '60'

#config interface 'wan'
    #   option ifname 'eth0'
    #   option proto 'dhcp'

#config interface 'wan6'
    #   option ifname '@wan'
    #   option proto 'dhcpv6'

#config switch
    #   option name 'switch0'
    #   option reset '1'
    #   option enable_vlan '1'

#config switch_vlan
    #   option device 'switch0'
    #   option vlan '1'
    #   option ports '0 1 3'

config interface 'wwan'
        option proto 'dhcp'
        option hostname 'OnionOmega'

config interface 'wlan'
        option proto 'static'
        option ipaddr '192.168.3.1'
        option netmask '255.255.255.0'

#config interface 'wlan'
    #   option ifname 'wlan0-1 wlan0'
    #   option type 'bridge'
    #   option proto 'static'
    #   option ipaddr '192.168.3.1'
    #   option netmask '255.255.255.0'
    #   option ip6assign '60'

Can you copy and paste that in to /etc/config/network and execute /etc/init.d/network restart to reload the configuration? Please let me know if that helps.

• I just got my omega today (looks great so far) but i can't connect to wifi in the house, i've tried scanning and manually adding it but no joy with either, heres what i get:Capture.PNG

Any help would be great!
    Thanks
    Eoin

• @Eoin-O'Dowd Can you add the following block to /etc/config/wireless:

config wifi-iface
            option device 'radio0'
            option mode 'sta'
            option network 'wwan'
            option encryption 'psk2'
            option ssid '<Network Name>'
            option key '<Password>'

You may need to change encryption to wep or psk for WEP encryption and WPA1, respectively. After you are done, just save the file and run:

wifi

This should restart your wifi service with the new configuration.

Please let me know if this helps.

• No, not working either, still the same! any other ideas?

• @Eoin-O'Dowd Can you tell us which country you are in? Sometimes channel 13 does not work in certain European countries. In which case it will need to be disabled.

• im in ireland.

• @Nito-Weber If you edited it with vi, you will first press ESC to get out of Insert mode, then you will type :wq to write to file, and quit out of vi.

• @Boken-Lin yeah thanks, i figured it out who vi works šŸ‘ but it doesn't seem to change anything. 'radio0' is still disabled and i down know where my mistake might be. I checked the default version of /etc/config/network and tried what you explained to @Eoin-O-x27-Dowd with /etc/config/wireless. both changes didn't show any effect. i have no idea why.

• @Nito-Weber Can you try this for me?

use wifisetup to attempt an connection to your wifi network. When you see wlan0: link is not ready, press Ctrl+C to terminate wifisetup. Then copy and paste the contents of both /etc/config/wireless and /etc/config/network here. Let's eliminate the possibility that it's an issue with the configuration.

• I have tried everything above and i can't get the wifi working, this device is useless to me without internet.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.