We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Some GPIO pins does not work with custom image

• Hi,

I compiled my image from a recently cloned LEDE git repo. Almost everything seems to work correctly except controlling some GPIO pins (15, 16, 17, 18, 19). I've tried to setup the function with omega2-ctrl and setting the pins through /sys/class/gpio/* interface, none caused any changes the voltage on the pins is ~1.55V (I've checked by scope as well, it is not toggling, it is a flat ~1.55V on all pins I cannot use / configure).

GPIO 45 / 46 seems OK, I can set them GPIO with omega2-ctrl gpiomux set command, and I can configure to in or out, can set or get value through the /sys/class/gpio/*.

I've tried the same HW using official image v0.1.9-b159.bin and I can control the GPIO pins 15, 16, 17 correctly (although in that image /dev/mem is not available, so even that omega2-ctrl is part of the image it is unusable...).

Can anyone suppose a way which direction to start to figure out what's the root cause?

Thanks,

/sza2

• Based on MT7688 datasheet to use GPIO 14-17, EPHY_APGIO_AIO_EN bits in AGPIO_CFG have to be '1', anyway those pins are MDI_TP_P1 / MDI_TN_P1 / MDI_RP_P1 and MDI_RN_P1 correspondingly.

I made a small devmem like utility (I was not able to add devmem applet to busybox), setting the corresponding bits directly in the registers solved the problem, I checked on the hardware and I can control GPIO 15-17 now.

The question right now, what sets these bits in the official image (or what unset in my custom image)? Whether it happened from kernel or user space? What should I modify (config, source) to be able to use the necessary pins without hacking from user space with an aggressive utility which directly modifies the bits without caring about the consequences?

/sza2

• @sza2-sza2
    You surely know that using the official 0.1.10-b160 FW we can control GPIO 15..19 (and 45, 46 too) with gpioctl, fast-gpio (and omega2-ctrl gpiomux) fairly well.

The "full" BusyBox v1.26.2 (Length: 1498448 bytes unfortunately) has a devmem applet too.

root@Omega-5BE1:~# ./busybox-mipsel devmem --help
    BusyBox v1.26.2 (2017-01-10 16:07:35 UTC) multi-call binary.

Usage: devmem ADDRESS [WIDTH [VALUE]]

Read/write from physical address

ADDRESS	Address to act upon
    	WIDTH	Width (8/16/...)
    	VALUE	Data to be written

Sorry, I'm afraid this wasn't too much help for you. Actually I have a question. 😉
    You compiled a custom image and I'd like to know where can I find the source of the gpioctl ELF.

• @György-Farkas Hi,

Yes, I can set GPIOs flashing the mentioned official image to the board, however I need custom image as my I2S HW is not supported in any precompiled images.

The problem is that compiling the LEDE repo by default set GPIOs 14-17 to MDI_xxx (act as Ethernet ports) instead of GPIOs.

I can set those pins to GPIOs with devmem like stuffs at or after boot but that's far from elegant.

Regarding gpioctl, I did not download it directly, but installed by ./scripts/feeds install gpioctl-sysfs (from the top level directory of the installed SDK). However, it is available as part of libugpio. But it is just an interface to access /sys/class/gpio/*, it simply reads / writes those files.

/sza2

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.