We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

How to connect a button and the oled expansion to the omega2?

• Hey guys,

My project is something really easy but I struggle on the hardware side.
    I want to show a picture (or text) on the screen, and when the user presses a button, another picture (or text) should be displayed on the screen.

But what parts do I need to do that? Because the oled expansion covers all the pins, how can I connect a button?
    On this thread, someone said:

One issue with the OLED Expansion is that it ends up covering up the pins on the Expansion Dock - the best way to get round this is to use a Prototype Expansion and wire it to provide access to the I2C and other GPIO and other pins you need access to. Then plug the Prototype Expansion in to the Expansion Dock then the OLED expansion can plug in to the Prototype Expansion

I have the proto expansion but I really don't know how to use it. How can I connect wires to the pins if on top of the proto expansion there is the oled expansion?
    Is there a tutorial that shows how to use the proto expansion?

Thank you!

• @Dalf I do not have the proto to look at but if it works like i think it should the first 2 rows of holes map to the connector. you should see small traces from the connector to the holes. so just find a connector pin-out diagram and you will find what hole(s) you need to use to give access to the part of the bus you need to work with.

• Douglas, thank you for your reply. You are correct, I can see small traces from the connector to the holes for the first 2 rows!
    I didn't know about that, so thanks again!

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.