We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega2+ custom firmware with Ralink WiFi drivers

• Has anyone managed to compile a custom LEDE-based firmware that uses the Ralink WiFi drivers present in the Onion default firmware and not the mac80211 ones? I have a particular project that requires wireless client bridging and the Ralink driver supports that (tested on a Linkit Smart 7688) but the mac80211 does not.

I can rewrite my code to get rid of the bridging requirement but I was wondering if I could somehow change the WiFi drivers since that's what the default firmware uses. As far as I understood the source for that firmware has not been published ... I'm still evaluating hardware for my project and I like the fact that the Linkit 7688 line has sources for everything and you can easily compile a copy of the default firmware with all the MTK/Ralink bits on it.

Any clues? Thank you!

• I was asking this question few months ago. I was desperately needed a good wifi driver with my own kernel build. When I was dealing with this problem, the mac80211 wasn't just slow, it was also dropping connections and crashing the OS.

I've spent a LOT of time dealing with this issue, and in the end I managed to take LinkIt Smart OpenWRT image, configure it to my needs and deploy it on Omega2. It was a real hassle, because there are some hw differences and they're using an old kernel version (3.xx) with pre-compiled Ralink wifi binaries.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.