We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

LED on Arduino Dock 2 question

• the power LED on my ardunio dock 2 has, after 2 months of being powered continuously, ceased to stay on. however it does flicker at times and at other times remains very dimly illuminated. the dock itself appears to be working ok. i was able to install the arduino dock 2 software via opkg again and i can still do wireless transfer of sketches and they run ok. but still i'm left wondering if this is a problem. the LED itself still functions as it will at times burn normal brightness for short periods. i'm just puzzled about what the issue could be and if there is a possible fix either hardware or software. if anyone has an idea about this i'd appreciate some feedback. thanks.

• @Douglas-Kryder That LED is not a Power_LED. It is the "on-board" / "built-in" LED that most Arduino and Genuino boards have. On Arduino Dock 2 (ie. Arduino UNO) that LED is connected to the D13 digital pin (aka SPI SCK) via an NPN transistor "driver".

Generally blinking that LED is the very first "test" on the Arduino boards.
    See also: Arduino IDE >> File/Examples/01.Basics/Blink

• @György-Farkas hi, that is not my understanding of the dock LED. this particular blue LED did stay illuminated during operation. although the following clip is short you can see that the blue LED is continuously illuminated. the blinking LED of the arduino is done via an external LED.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5o5xAGO6ck
    https://docs.onion.io/omega2-arduino-dock-starter-kit/arduino-kit-blinking-led.html

• @Douglas-Kryder I wrote: "Arduino IDE >> File/Examples/01.Basics/Blink". Never mind. Forget it please.

• @György-Farkas thing is i realize it is possible to blink the LED if one wants to do that. however the normal state of that blue LED is to be continuously illuminated and on my dock that is no longer the case. hence this request to anyone that might have an idea about how to restore the continuous illumination. it seems it is a hardware component failure or near failure that is happening and so if anyone has any insight into what component it might be i'd appreciate knowing. thanks.
    watch this video if you need to see the normal LED state,
    https://youtu.be/fo_KEEIQO9M?t=285

• @Douglas-Kryder said in LED on Arduino Dock 2 question:

... the normal state of that blue LED is to be continuously illuminated ...

No. The blue LED on the Arduino Dock 2 can be dark or can be illuminated or can blink.
    The continuous illumination is only one of these normal states.

• @György-Farkas the out of the box state is continuous illumination. that is the manufactured normal state. any other state needs to be arrived at by user software control. that is a user defined state. look, you can beat this to death if you want, but i'm looking for help which you seemingly do not want to offer or can not offer. so why the trolling? please, just leave it effing alone.

• @Douglas-Kryder said in LED on Arduino Dock 2 question:

the out of the box state is continuous illumination. that is the manufactured normal state. any other state needs to be arrived at by user software control. that is a user defined state.

What a big step ahead!

Please erase the microcontroller.
    Please remove the arduino-dock-2 package.
    Please reset / reboot Omega.
    (Please try to avoid eg. the gpioctl dirout-low 15 and corresponding commands on Omega2(+) 😉

I hope these steps help you to achieve the 'out of the box' state of the blue LED.

look, you can beat this to death if you want, but i'm looking for help which you seemingly do not want to offer or can not offer. so why the trolling? please, just leave it effing alone.

So I am a TROLL. Thank you Douglas. 🙂
    I sincerely apologize for my previous posts. Perhaps my words were not clear and/or were not polite enough.

The blue LED of the Arduino Dock 2... I made a little schematic, I collected some technical info and I came up with some little tests - but I wouldn't want to brother you at all.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.