We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Setting up private git hosting on the Omega2!

• I set up Gogs on my Omega2 and found it very valuable to be able to push my small private projects on it. It makes it convenient to share projects between machines and also to back them up!

To set it up I had to cross compile Gogs (written in Go), set up Postgres on the Omega2 and configure Gogs. To set up Postgres, I had to find and install it, set up extra swap space and bring it up.

Since this took me a bit of trial and error, I wrote up the steps I took in case anyone else find them helpful: Setting up Gogs on Omega2

• administrators

Nice project, we will get you on Onion news letter in the coming weeks and you will be able to get some free Omegas for being featured šŸ˜‰

• Awesome tutorial and really cool idea! I am running into an issue though and thought maybe you would know how to help me out since you just did this. When I go to initialize my postgres db, it gives me this error:

fixing permissions on existing directory /root/pgdata ... initdb: could not change permissions of directory
    "/root/pgdata": Operation not permitted
    pg_ctl: database system initialization failed

I followed your instructions and did the chmod 777 /root/pgdata before initializing and it doesn't seem to be working. Does this make sense to you?

• Quite old topic but for those looking for it, you need to change the owner of the the directory, and not the permissions:

$ chown -R postgres /root/pgdata

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.