We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Any plans for 5GHz wifi?

• Does Onion have any plans to include a 5GHz wifi in upcoming Omegas? I'm sure there are some technical challenges but I just need to know.

• administrators

@crispyoz We just released an Application Note on a 5GHz WiFi solution, see this blog post: https://onion.io/2bt-mar26-2019/

• @Lazar-Demin You beat me to it, I was just about to post that in response.
    @crispyoz Keep in mind though we do only have USB2 so there will still be a bottleneck.

• Thank guys I took a look at the note and ordered a few different units to test.

My preference is really to have 5GHz built into the the Pro or a version of the Pro. Purely from a mechanical point of view, my IoT device exposed the mini-usb port on my case so users can power the device, this would mean I have to also expose the USB-A port with the 5GHz dongle which looks pretty messy and I know users will unplug it or fiddle with it and then complain they have no network connectivity. Alternatively I would need to redesign my case to move the Omega away from the side of my case and use a short mini-usb case mounted port. Either way it's messy.

• When using the Omega Pro, it is possible to get both the internal 2.4 GHz wifi radio and a USB 5GHz wifi dongle activated at the same time?
    I would like to use my Omega Pro as a router offering both 2.4GHz and 5GHz access points.

So far, I've only been able to activate one or the other, but not both at the same time.

And yes, I know about the Onion Application Note on a 5GHz WiFi solution.

Any help would be welcomed.

• No more help is needed.
    A clean and complete recompilation of the latest version from the git repo did the trick.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.