We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Python 3.5 upgrade

• Greetings,
    I'm planning to write a small event-driven server library to manage some sensors I bought.
    Given the overhaul that the asyncio (event driven server) python module received in version 3.5, I'd like to use it rather than the current in 3.4.3 version.

Are there any plans to upgrade python to version 3.5 in the near future?

Thanks,
    Massimiliano

• This answer is from what I have read so take it with a grain of salt. You can load python 3 on your Omega but rootfs must be created to allow for the space needed. I loaded 3.4 but decided to remove and start over with Python-light due to some other problems I was having.

• @Rudy-Trujillo I'm already using a root FS and installed python.

My post is about the version of python compiled for the OpenWRT distribution (3.4.x instead of 3.5.x)

• What was the cmd line entry you used to get 3.5 full install can't remember but when I did it think I got some scaled back version the first time around.

• @Massimiliano-della-Rovere Apparently Python 3.5 is already available with the development branch of OpenWRT. I think it's just a matter of time before it will be made available for the CC release, which the Omega firmware is based on. We will also play around with porting if over when we get a chance.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.