We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Custom Onion Console App - Running an arbitrary shell command

• Howdy,

I've tried and failed šŸ˜• looking for a nudge in the right direction.

I'm not sure what the difference is between a "fileProvider.execCommand()" command and a "ubus.request()" is.

Wait.

Probably a better idea to explain what I'm trying to do šŸ˜‰

I'd like to run an arbitrary shell command such as "ls /dev/ -l | grep 'mtd'" and be able process the results accordingly from within an app.

Also I see Polymer is being used, is this the full blown version and I assume we're able to extend using any of the off the shelf elements from https://elements.polymer-project.org/ ?

Matt

• Morning,

Can anyone point me in the direct direction for this one?

As you can imagine the ability to run shell commands to interrogate the onion in a console app would be nuts!

Matt

PS. I know I've bumped the post, but I have been a good boy & waited a week šŸ˜‰

• administrators

@Matt-Ogborne you are correct, we are using full blown Plolymer 1.0. You can extend the console with any custom elements. To run a linux command you will need to use the 'exec' function under the ' file ' ubus service. ubusProvider is the place to get started.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.