We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Wireless connection instructions on 0.0.8 b297 ?

• Hi,

I've just updated one of my devices to 0.0.8 b297 and factory reset it. I'm now at a loss as to how to connect it to wifi!

root@Omega-0AA3:/# wifisetup
    Onion Omega Wifi Setup

Select from the following:
    1) Scan for Wifi networks
    2) Type network info
    q) Exit

Selection: 1
    Scanning for wifi networks...
    [   24.480000] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready

Select Wifi network:
    1) Guest Internet
    2) Wireless is slightly less bad
    3) Wireless is slightly less bad
    4) Guest Internet
    5) SKY7AE1E
    6) BTHub3-9W4F
    7) BTWiFi

Selection: 2
    Network: Wireless is slightly less bad
    Authentication type: psk2
    Enter password: REDACTED PASSWORD

Adding 'Wireless is slightly less bad' network to database (priority: 1)

I've then waited several minutes but nothing has happened. Rebooting then waiting doesn't solve it either.
    Typing the command wdb40 seems to take several seconds but does nothing.

How do I get it to remember and connect to a wifi network on the latest firmware?

Thank you!

• administrators

@None-None if your WiFi network name has a space, you will have to update the wdb40 software to get it to actually connect.
    Please try running:

opkg update
    opkg upgrade wdb40

And then try running wdb40 again. Let me know how it goes.

• How do I get it to connect to do the update in the first place šŸ˜„

• That has solved it. I temporarily started up my cell phone in tethering mode with a short wifi name and updated it then connected to my normal wifi (with the space in the name).

If it isn't possible for users to rename their networks temporarily it would be nice to know a workaround.

• @None-None You can connect through a serial connection, edit the /etc/config/wireless file to enable your connection on that list (change the option disabled from 1 to 0) and run the wifi command, that way you will have a network connection until you reboot (that's enough to update the packages and get all running for sure)

• administrators

Yep, what @Igor-Moura said is correct. There's a tutorial on our wiki on connecting via serial: https://wiki.onion.io/Tutorials/Connecting-to-Omega-via-Serial-Terminal

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.