We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

What is the problem?

• Is there some issue that is keeping you guys from shipping my order?

Order #3886 ā€” 13 Feb 02:55
    Payment Status: Paid
    Fulfillment Status: Unfulfilled

You guys have a great product but this is the second time I have ordered from you and the service is unacceptable. No status update, no announcement that there are production issues. I think it's time to get your act together as a company if you ever expect to build your business into anything substantial. If I did this to my customers I would be out of business fast.

A very dissatisfied customer.

Mike Chilson

• Hi @Mike-Chilson,

We do not discuss individual orders on the forum to protect our users' privacy. Please open a help desk ticket at https://onion.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new and we will address it there.

Thank you,

Gabe

• I am not going to waste any more of my time filling out a support ticket that will go unanswered. It is not my responsibility to contact you, but YOURS to contact me if there is an issue on your side. You have my email information.

• @Mike-Chilson said:

I am not going to waste any more of my time filling out a support ticket that will go unanswered. It is not my responsibility to contact you, but YOURS to contact me if there is an issue on your side. You have my email information.

It might be so that you get treated as you treat people, sorry!
    If you change your tone they will answer you... just if you ask always the same, where they already informed in several other requests, the chance to get one more answer is difficult.

I don't know if you saw this already:
    https://onion.io/2016/04/20/april-20th-shipping-schedule-status-update/

@Mike-Chilson said:

You guys have a great product...

True, so you see ... you depend on them, not they on you!

• Thanks for the link. However, I cannot get them to respond any other way. My tone is this way because being nice has not accomplished anything. I don't know what universe you live in but in this one businesses depend on customers not the other way around. SBC's are a dime a dozen and they just lost a customer.

• @Mike-Chilson said:

I don't know what universe you live in but in this one businesses depend on customers not the other way around. SBC's are a dime a dozen and they just lost a customer.

In the same as you šŸ˜‰ I just i see things not so black and white as you. If you hit someone he will hit back ... if you show understanding, you will get the same patience back too. I guess this works in business too šŸ˜‰

• Stop whining and be a man.
    If you wanna add something useful to the board, go ahead and show your arguments. Onion is far from perfect - I had issues with them myself - but let's be honest: your dissatisfaction is understandable, however, there are appropriate channels to solve your problems. Just show a little bit more politeness and they will be glad to help you.

• Hi @Mike-Chilson,

Thanks for raising the issue and I am sorry to hear that we've failed you in our customer service. I want to fix this.

You have a right to be upset if you feel you were not adequately notified or were not notified about any delays, etc. We do take these issues seriously and I would like to make sure we make the necessary changes in our systems/processes so this doesn't happen again.

At the time of your order, the Battery Dock page had a notice stating that it was not ready yet and for customers to follow the shipping schedule/status page for updates. I'm not sure if you recall seeing that notice.

We (now) update our shipping status and schedule here: https://onion.io/category/shipping-schedule-status/ ... previously, we made updates to a static shipping page which I realized was not a good idea and I've since changed to an archive of updates so we can all see what the previous history of updates/notices were. We've also announced the shipping updates via our email blasts to all our customers. Perhaps you missed those emails? If you did not receive them at all (not even in your junk folder), please let us know and we'll investigate. The shipping updates were part of an overall general Onion update so maybe that wasn't a good idea as customers might ignore it... this is something I think I will need to change as well.

Re: ticket response time
    I am not seeing any tickets or emails from you. Please let me know if you tried to contact us or have opened a ticket that you did not get a response for.

However, I am implementing a new routine to send out a response acknowledging that we've received the ticket and when they can expect a response based on our support request volume. We're still a fairly small team and technical or a sudden influx of tickets often overwhelm us, but I do understand/appreciate the customer's point of view and I want to address that as best as possible.

Next steps..
    I am in the process of doing another shipping status update to announce that the Battery Dock is getting very close to a production run and that it'll most likely be ready to ship early to mid June. There were some more issues that required resolving which has delayed it from our original mid-May estimate. We are very confident that this will be the final delay. If you would like to modify your order, please let me know.

You're absolutely right that providing good customer service and experience is key to building any business and I want to assure you that I am going to make the necessary changes so this doesn't happen again. Our customers should never have to feel that our help desk is a black hole..

thanks
    Francis

• Hi Francis,

Thank you for your post. I really do appreciate taking this seriously and trying to do something about it. In a startup it is easy to get caught up in all the daily issues and emergencies and forget who is paying the bills for you. I sent multiple emails to hello@onion.io (the only email address I could find on your website) and never received a reply. I have seen no email from onion.io and I run my own mail server and I even white-listed your domain on my server once I sent the emails. This is not an isolated incident it has happened TWICE to me and I received a private message from another user saying they had the same issues. I understand that things happen and a lot of those things are out of your control as a business. However, communication with your customers is ESSENTIAL to building good will and more importantly return business. I will not cancel my order and will be patient but PLEASE, PLEASE try to improve your companies communication with your customers. I am in business too and unfortunately these delays and lack of communication have caused me to move on to another solution when I really wanted to use you guys. I hope if nothing else this was a leaning experience and I wish you guys the best of luck!

Thank you,
    Mike Chilson

• Hi @Mike-Chilson,

Thanks for understanding and for replying.

I just checked our hello@onion.io inbox and did not find any emails from you, I checked spam folder as well. Can you try emailing us again? I just sent a test email to you as well from hello@onion.io

We use Google Apps for regular email use and have not encountered any deliverability issues thus far. Our email blasts are sent via a top notch mailing system provider (Mailchimp) and thousands of people open our email each time so our mails should be going through. I see your email in our mailing list as well.

thanks
    Francis

• @francis-chung It has been over 2 weeks and the battery dock target date has come and gone with still no updates posted.

• administrators

Hi @Don-Newman
    An update regarding the Power Dock has been posted: https://onion.io/2016/05/19/battery-dock-arduino-dock-status-update/

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.