We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Custom repos update?

• Been asking this for months now guys. Still cannot install tinc because of a mismatch between the repo modules and the running kernel. I am seriously thinking of compiling it all from scratch but am hoping I won't need to do that. Can we use a working repo from onion so we can build modules against the current kernel.

Feeling forgotten here guys šŸ˜ž

• @TNT The following Onion Wiki Tutorial (https://wiki.onion.io/Tutorials/Cross-Compile) gives instructions on how to built individual packages and even a complete system.

It's not the easiest to use and get your head around, though I have successfully built individual packages and the whole system using it.

However, one of the major problems I have with it is that the repo referenced in the tutorial is just for a generic OpenWrt system, not specifically the Onion Omega and is lacking in some Omega specific files and customisations.
    Despite that I I have managed to use it to build a complete system release that I successfully loaded to and ran on the Omega.

On more than one occaision I have asked if we could get access to the equivalent repo for the Omega itself with all the Omega customisations etc. - but unfortunately to no avail šŸ˜ž

• @Kit-Bishop

Yeah.. I figured it was being put to the back burner but really this is starting to get very frustrating. Standard packages like tinc are available in OpenWRT and so it really should be relatively trivial to compile against the 'Onion' version of the OpenWRT tree. Hell even just putting that source up as a git hub would be enough for people to be able to build packages against the Onion which fit seamlessly into opkg.

Is there a list of what 'customisations' Onion has done to OpenWRT so maybe we can patch an official build with and build from there?

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.