We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Compiler/IDE help

• Hello, all!

I don't know if this questions has been answered or not...but am i free to use any IDE or compiler to program my Omega? I was planning on using Coderunner2 or codeanywhere editor. I wasn't use if there was a specific one for the omega.
    Can anyone help?

Thanks!

• This post is deleted!

• @Matthew-Hartsuch said in Compiler/IDE help:

@Gary-Saini my understanding is that you are pretty much required to use the onion cloud compiler unless you install a different OS to the Onion

Not sure about what you say, Matthew. Any ARM cross-compiler under any OS can possibly compile Omega executables. That being said, I don't know the specific IDE that Gary mentions, but if these systems support an ARM cross-compiler, the possibilities are certainly there.

• @Gary-Saini It is possible to use other IDE's.
    For example, I use Netbeans IDE running under Kubuntu.
    For compiling C/C++ it is necessary to install the cross compilation environment and setup Netbeans to reference the environment. The resulting built binary file can then be transferred to the Omega (using e.g. scp) and run from there. While it is also possible to set up Netbeans to also transfer the binary automatically to the Omega.
    Netbeans projects can be used to either use the standard C/C++ build methods or to use a specific hand crafted Makefile - I generally use the Makefile method (it is a bit easier to set up and I have a template Makefile that I tailor to any specific project). I have done this to build standalone programs and both static and dynamic libraries.
    I have also used Netbeans to build Java programs (for running on the Omega under jamvm).

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.