We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Can't register device on cloud [resolved]

• Hi,
    I have got the same problem. Anyone knows how to fix it?
    Regards,
    Patrick

• The same issue over here. The device is visible in device manager right after registering but immediately shows as offline...

• I had the same problem and I was able to "fix" it by downgrading to the latest 1.5 image (omega2p-v0.1.5-b135.bin)

• Same issue. I had tried both from the onion, the web interface and the cloud and it always shows offline. Get the same curl complaint.

• If someone with 1.6 or 1.7 could check what versions they have for the following software:
    device-client - 0.6-1
    libcurl - 7.51.0-1
    we may be able to track it down.

I am still unable to use the device explorer but i get the following when i run device-client:

> Omega identified as device [omitted]
    > Sending response to device-server
    > Connection initialized
    > Received command request for 'network.interface.wwan' group, 'status' function
    > Sending POST response
    > Received command request for 'network.interface.wwan' group, 'status' function
    {}> Sending POST response
    {}{}> Sending response to device-server
    > Connection heartbeat

sometime later:

{}Error: curl_easy_perform: transfer closed with outstanding read data remaining (18)
    > Connection lost!
    > Restarting connection (restart #1) ...

Running device-client in verbose i notice that it tries to run ubus list -v which causes command failed. I think it should run ubus -v list for the json output. Anyway I tried with a wrapper script to switch the two parameters in only that case but that fails terribly (openwrt does not like it at all). Here is the output from device-client with a lot omitted as i have no idea what is sensitive:

>> RESPONSE THREAD!
    >> Found 'group' and 'method' objects
    > Received command request for 'file' group, 'exec' function
    >> Parameters: '{ "command": "ubus", "params": [ "list", "-v" ] }'
    >> Launching ubus call
    > Sending POST response
    >> Sending POST to url: 'ds.onion.io/[omitted]?key=[omitted]', post data: '{"code":4,"stderr":"Command failed: Not found\n"}'
    {}>> POST Sent! (url: 'ds.onion.io/[omitted]/reply/[omitted]?key=[omitted])
    >> Closing RESPONSE THREAD

• I am running firmware version 1.7 (b139) and have the same "Illegal characters found in URL" issue as described in this thread.

To answer Markus' question I am running the same version of the software that are listed.

@Markus-Schuss said in Can't register device on cloud:

If someone with 1.6 or 1.7 could check what versions they have for the following software:
    device-client - 0.6-1
    libcurl - 7.51.0-1
    we may be able to track it down.

• @Tomcom05
    The incorrect characters in the url are in the field "k'y" instead of"key".

When tested with wget on a linux host with te command
    ds.onion.io/b8e2747e-18d2-4420-8955-2ada3e5ce13d/listen?key=z5fbkz2SFHEXDbKCgQCJ4yOsfTYfpcyBjgeWTb25EBUmyhXSfpg8iAYc0jy3LCDT
    the device gives a blue cloud sign.

• @johan-ruijgt did you inform the onion.io team trough github?

Just a missing "e" is causing that much trouble 😉

• @johan-ruijgt I could not find k'y instead of key.
    I did the same as you did and did get the blue cloud but when it stopped or finished it revert back to no cloud. So something happening right there.

• @David-Wickenden
    The device-client sent the incorrect string to ds.onion.io. This gives a error from the host.
    When simulate from a Linuc host with wget then it works for the time wget is active.
    If wget is closed there is a file with the response from ds.onio.io.
    In this file you can see the requested fields to the device-client.

• administrators

The issue came up when libcurl was updated to v7.53.0 in Lede, for whatever reason the URL to connect to the Cloud Device Server causes libcurl to throw an Invalid URL error.

This never happened before, we're looking into it and will let you guys know when we know anything. Stay tuned for updates.

• @Lazar-Demin said in Can't register device on cloud:

The issue came up when libcurl was updated to v7.53.0 in Lede, for whatever reason the URL to connect to the Cloud Device Server causes libcurl to throw an Invalid URL error.

This never happened before, we're looking into it and will let you guys know when we know anything. Stay tuned for updates.

That is good to know. Thanks.

• Impossible to get the device online for me too. Very disappointed with this device.

• I am also having this issue 😞 key is spelled correctly in my URL.

• We all know this is very early days. And thats fine, bugs like that happen. What would be good tho is frequent updates regarding this issue please

• This is being blamed on the libcurl library upgrade rather than a typo? I am having the same issue (device registered but shows offline in the cloud). Looking forward to a fix.

• administrators

@David-Vo we haven't changed the device-client code, the libcurl version has changed, at first glance it would seem that the issue lies in the libcurl update

we will dedicate some time to fixing this next week

• THis was reported 19 days ago and still no fix or response of proposed fix? Right during shipping of all these new devices? Kind of weak. I ahd so much higher hopes. Same issue here can connect, but device doesn't show online in cloud, but shows online from console. 0.1.7 firmware. Echo previous statement, frequent updates would be appreciated.

• Same problem here 😞 I hope they resolve this quickly since it is useless not being able to control the Omega2 over the web using the cloud.
    I am thinking of waiting a couple of weeks before trying to start messing more with the Omega2, right now seems that everything is a mess, which shouldn't be as it was suppose to be a stable release. Hope the guys from Omega handle this quickly or people will get more disappointed and decide to go elsewhere.

• @Lazar-Demin said in Can't register device on cloud:

@David-Vo we haven't changed the device-client code, the libcurl version has changed, at first glance it would seem that the issue lies in the libcurl update

we will dedicate some time to fixing this next week

If the code was available for our perusal, it might have been fixed already a week ago...you know, just saying.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.