We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Differences between GPIO app and board pinouts

• The pin identifications on my expansion board (which arrived today) don't match the pinouts in the GPIO Tool console app. On the row of pins next the edge of the board this has
    gnd 3.3V n/c 3 2 RX1 TX1 9 8 7 6 1 0 rst gnd

where as the app has
    gnd 3.3v 2.0v 26 23 14 13 12 8 7 6 1 0 rst gnd

Which should I believe? Are they different versions? At present dones;t look safe to use pins other than those that match.

On the second row of pins the two agree.

• There are two versions of the expansion-board, one for Omega2 and another for Omega1, and they have different GPIO-numbers.

@Robin-Newman said in Differences between GPIO app and board pinouts:

gnd 3.3V n/c 3 2 RX1 TX1 9 8 7 6 1 0 rst gnd

That's the Omega2-pinout

where as the app has
    gnd 3.3v 2.0v 26 23 14 13 12 8 7 6 1 0 rst gnd

That's the Omega1-pinout.

If you're running on Omega2, then ignore what the app says, and vice versa.

• Thanks for that. Presumably the app only works (fully) for Omega1 board at present. I did try a led in output 1 and it controlled that OK. so I suppose I can use the first few pins with it.

• Yet another forum thread that's saved my bacon. I've been absolutely head-deskingly stumped at the weirdness of the GPIO on my Omega2+. Pins 0 and 1 seemed to work, but not a single other pin.

It turns out that a combination of this exact problem- woefully incorrect labelling- and the SPI being (as far as I can tell) baked into the kernel and permanently glommed onto the SPI pins (incorrectly labelled 6,7,8,12 on this board) totally explain my confusion.

I've had to use the Omega2 pinout, and manually trace the routes between socket and header to figure out what's going on. Argh!

I wish I had the time to knock up an Omega2 version of my Pi Pinout website: http://pinout.xyz/

• @Phil-Howard said in Differences between GPIO app and board pinouts:

I wish I had the time to knock up an Omega2 version of my Pi Pinout website: http://pinout.xyz/

Oh, you're behind that one! It's a handy site, I've used it myself a couple of times.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.