We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega2+ amber light keeps blinking

• @WereCatf so why does the light never change to a solid color? It also does not show that it is online in the console.

• @Matthew-Strenk

On rare occasions the LED may not stop blinking after booting, but it's safe to try connecting via serial or SSH. Your terminal output indicates it booted correctly.

If you're worried about the LED, try power cycling it and seeing if it still persists. It shouldn't affect normal operation though.

Re: Cloud: please see this post for more details. https://community.onion.io/topic/1144/can-t-register-device-on-cloud/23

(I edited your post to format the terminal output for easier reading. When posting commands or terminal output, please format it as a code block in this guide.)

Gabe

• I noticed the Omega2+ LED blinking when I ran the poweroff or reboot command through SSH. It stopped blinking, and performed the operation after I exited SSH. Perhaps you are experiencing a software untested case that forgot to switch back the LED state? Knowing exactly how to reproduce this issue would help the developers address it.

• I too have two Omega 2+ which don't flash their led when booting. I tried setting one up with the wizard, and everything seemed to work up to the last wizard page and the led turning off. So I simply power cycled the power dock and now the led flashed all the time. I couldn't access the console because I only got the wizard again. So I installed the console manually and now the console works. But the led still flashes all the time. Don't know if the reboot and shut down in the console did anything but I tried both and the led still flashes. Can anything be done about the led? It's irritating.

• But now I see that the console doesn't work correctly anymore. It seems that I can log in, but the apps aren't displayed on the page.

• I have the same issue as Anders. The led never blinked in the beginning but I was able to go through the wizard and when it completed, the led turned off. I restarted as suggested and now the led never stops blinking. I can't access it unless I'm on the omega wifi but in that case, I just get the wizard again. I tried going through the wizard and everything was saved and looked ok. The last page of the wizard said it was successfully set up and please wait while the console is installed. Nothing changes after waiting. The led still blinks forever. Any ideas?

• I used the instructions found here: https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/installing-the-console.html and used SSH to install the console. Now it's working... so far.

The LED still blinks forever though.

UPDATE: After a restart or two, now I get the same thing as Anders. The console comes up and I log in but no apps are displayed. And after another restart, it just get an index of /console/ showing ../ and lib/. If I use ssh to reinstall console it shows again, temporarily.

• Yes, seems to me the console is somehow destroyed when the Omega is shut down. Also, restart and power off commands doesn't seem to do anything on my 2+. Both on command line and in the console.

• @Anders-Öster I'm also seeing the filesystem destroyed on power off and an infinite blink. My 2+ was one of those that didn't blink on first power-on and gets stuck powered off when it's doing a firmware update. This is still an issue as of b150. poweroff and reboot do nothing even when run directly from the /sbin folder where they live. I haven't tried using an SD card in there yet but that shouldn't really be the problem.

I did have luck changing the LED using this command from elsewhere on these forums: echo default-on > /sys/class/leds/omega2p:amber:system/trigger
    I have also been re-installing the console on boot through SSH. First running oupgrade --latest then opkg update and reinstalling web stuff with console-install-tool.
    I've also been having issues getting it to connect to any AP other than my android hotspot so I've had 2 SSH sessions open with one running logread -f to keep a screen as a running log. @Peter-Hatina just uploaded a new set of instructions changing from AP mode to STA mode that might solve it so I'll have to check that out next.

@Lazar-Demin would it help if we got you some logs? I don't have a serial port reader, so I've been relying on the internal logging. Is there any hope of getting a build with a more verbose logfile?

• I dont know if this applies to anyone else.

I brought my Omega2+ with the Power Dock (with 3.7v 1200mah battery, which ran for 4:27:38) into work, where I am not able to connect it with the wifi. I was on it, messing around in the ssh terminal from my iPad using vSSH app (works awesomely!). The light was blinking constantly all day.

I got home, where it connected back up to my wifi, and I connected from different devices, including my ipad again, and the light was constantly on.

The only difference was that I was not connected to an external wifi at work like I am at home. I dont know if this applies to anyone else, it was just something I noticed with mine.

• Where is the "Bad CRC, using default environment" coming from? My O2+ shows the same thing and caused me a bit of worry...

• @Art-Milburn said in Omega2+ amber light keeps blinking:

Where is the "Bad CRC, using default environment" coming from? My O2+ shows the same thing and caused me a bit of worry...

U-Boot is designed to allow interactive modifications of settings, and saving them in a reserved section of the flash, so that you can change the system startup behavior without recompiling the code, but instead by setting and saving various environment variables.

At least Mediatek (MT7688 chip maker) has this effectively disabled in their U-Boot tree, essentially only using the compiled-in settings, so the message is largely irrelevant. Likely Omega 2 is similar but I haven't looked at it in detail.

Crudely speaking, if the system boots and works as expected, you can ignore that message...

• @Chris-Stratton said in Omega2+ amber light keeps blinking:

At least Mediatek (MT7688 chip maker) has this effectively disabled in their U-Boot tree, essentially only using the compiled-in settings, so the message is largely irrelevant. Likely Omega 2 is similar but I haven't looked at it in detail.

Not just largely, but it's wholly irrelevant. The U-boot environment - partition is just empty, it's not used, and besides, the kernel has been compiled so as to ignore any bootargs U-boot might toss at it anyways.

Just to nitpick a little and to say yeah, you're correct. 🙂

• I fixed the problem that I was having where the device would not go into the console or show up in the cloud. But I am still having the problem with the blinking LED. Although everything else is working so I guess this isn't that big of a deal.

For anyone who is wondering, I fixed the connectivity issues by connecting the device through serial. Then I downloaded the latest version of the firmware and installed with the option of factory reset. Then I went into the setup config, went through the steps and now it is working! If anyone has any questions let me know.

• When I saw the recent de-bricking guides in the 2-bullet Tuesday e-mails I was inspired to return to my bricked Omega2+.
    This time I managed to de-brick it. Updated to latest firmware, but the amber led still blinks all the time after boot. So there's still no solution to that?

• @Anders-Öster you could check the router that you are trying to connect to to see if there is an entry in the map for the omega. if the omega is not shown in the map then it has not yet connected to the router and you have some type of wifi issue. if omega is on the map then it is connected to the router and the problem is elsewhere.

• @Douglas-Kryder - I don't have connection problem. I have an Omega2+ that doesn't stop blinking after boot is complete. It's a known flaw in the first Omega2+'s.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.