We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Schedule for relay control?

• Is it possible to set a schedule for the relay expansion? I set up my onion with a usb web cam and a relay to control a light in my chicken coop and would like to schedule the light.

• @Jason-Hamlett Not sure whether or not I understand you right, but my suggestion would be to set up a command (e.g. shell script etc.) of what you want to run on a scheduled basis. Then use crontab to schedule the running of this command according to your required schedule.

See https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/cron and other references therein for documentation on use of crontab and cron files for running scheduled jobs.

• Thank you for the reply Kit. I have relay one on the expansion connected inline to power and to a light fixture. I can toggle the light on and off via the relay now. I would like to be able to set a schedule for the relay to turn the light on for two hours in the morning and two hours at night. I live in alaska and i need to augment some daylight for the flock. I will look at cron and crontab

• @Jason-Hamlett Hi, given that you have code to toggle the light on and off, it should be relatively straightforward to set crontab entry/entries to toggle on and off according to your schedule. Let me know if you want any detailed advice on using crontab - I have used it regularly in the past.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.