We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

RESOLVED: Omega(1) always starts up at default config

• I've upgraded the firmware to the latest available version (0.1.4 b330), and after the Omega has restarted, proceeded with the standard procedure - connected to the Omega's WiFi hotspot, then added the local WiFi config, then changed the device name and root password

If I now shut it down (in the home screen), the amber LED goes of, I switch it off and on, and when the LED stops blinking, it's back at the default config - name, WiFi hotspot, no home WiFi entry, pretty much the default config, as far as I can tell.

However, if I log on via ssh and reboot from there, when it reboots, no changes are preserved - it has no config of local WiFi, the device name is default one, etc.

I created a text file at /root, but after restart that file is there no more. So, apparently, clean reset it is.

Any ideas what's going on?

Edit:

I carried out the factory reset, now my settings are saved between the restarts. Whatever it was, now it's gone.

• A bad case of FLASHBACK? šŸ˜‰ Seriously, it would have been interesting to download your Omega1 flash, and compare it to a good one. Could be an issue with the flash programming itself.

Thanks for the workaround. It will be less stressful if the problem happens again.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.