We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega 2 and Arduino dock.

• @WereCatf said in Omega 2 and Arduino dock.:

@cusackph said in Omega 2 and Arduino dock.:

edit: pulling the power cord and rebooting the unit that way fixed it! Still, I'm curious why the packages were uninstalled after updating the firmware, I thought those were installed to root?

That's due to how LEDE works: whenever you install new firmware, all packages you have previously installed get wiped out.

Ok. But why does it say this on the Firmware Upgrade portion of the console? If the packages were installed in root, they should have been fine, no?

"Attention!

Firmware upgrade will erase all files outside of the /root and /etc directories. Please backup any custom files before proceeding."

• @cusackph You're just confusing the concept of the directory /root and the root of the filesystem -- packages are installed into the root of the filesystem, ie. /. It's not very obvious, I know.

• @WereCatf said in Omega 2 and Arduino dock.:

@cusackph You're just confusing the concept of the directory /root and the root of the filesystem -- packages are installed into the root of the filesystem, ie. /. It's not very obvious, I know.

Ah, shoot, that's definitely on me then, thank you for clearing that up! Between the root of the filesystem, /root, and user root, there's probably a whole mess of stuff that's going to trip me up. Still basically new to linux, coding, the cli, etc. other than a few small projects so I've got a ton to learn here 🙂

• @cusackph Aye, these are the kinds of things you only learn over time. What's worse is that us, who already know this stuff, are so used to it that it doesn't always occur to us to mention such things anywhere!

• Hi Michael,

Yes, software installation wasn't an issue, my problem was fixed after pulling the power cord and plugging back in. After doing a sysupgrade it seems the arduino and omega got out of sync or something, totally pulling the power fixed the issue.

• @Michael-Xie48 Yes I have, that's when I got that error.

• hello guys

i have a similar problem.
    with the old firmware i was able to upload sketches on the arduino.
    then i made the upgrade and like cusackph i was surprised that everything i've set-up before was gone 😞

i made opkg install arduino-dock
    then the Arduino IDE sees the board under the list of boards.

i was thinking that i have the ability to upload sketches back as before BUT
    now i have an error i never had before on flashing (right after putting the password)

i also tried various press on MCU_reset button after password or plugin power off and on again .. but nothing changes

alt text

any toughts ?

• OK my bad.
    i installed arduino-dock instead of arduino-dock-2 ...
    doing opkg remove arduino-dock and then opkg install arduino-dock-2 makes the flashing work again.

the wiki should really inform beginners there are TWO different arduino packages

• and today this does not work ....

Flashing application '/tmp/sketch.hex' ...

ERROR, flash NOT successful
    Flash complete!
    avrdude: AVR device not responding
    avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
    Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
    this check.

avrdude done. Thank you.

• im starting to be fed-up ....
    it worked yesterday with the latest firmware ...
    now after i did a factory reset i can't manage to upload any sketch.
    neither via Arduino last IDE nor manually.

this is what manuel install does with arduino-dock 1st version and arduino-dock 2nd version ...
    alt text

• how can avr-dude be "broken" ?

i do "opkg remove" of everything related with arduino (dock1, dock2, avr-dude ..)
    i reboot the system.
    then i reinstall each of these ( pikcing of course only one of the 2 docks cause they can't be used in the same time, anyway mine is the _2)
    i reboot the system just to be sure ...

Arduino IDE recognizes the board via WIFI, i can even inout the board PASSWORD ...
    but then this damn problem occurs.

i suspect it's the communication between the Omega and the ATmega that is going crazy.
    What should i do ? should i downgrade to the firmware that had CLOUD registering broken ?
    cause with that plugin i COULD ACTUALLY upload sketches.

i beg anyone to help, i'm starting to be fed-up with this.

• any clue ? (up)

• @frederic-raducki
    sometime I found my problem related to wifi, and yes, once I put it down it works but when I put it down again it won't work, I have tried not to touch it once it made connection, still works.. I am about 3 metres from the router which is a good distance.

• @David-Wickenden said in Omega 2 and Arduino dock.:

@frederic-raducki
    sometime I found my problem related to wifi, and yes, once I put it down it works but when I put it down again it won't work, I have tried not to touch it once it made connection, still works.. I am about 3 metres from the router which is a good distance.

sure, thank for the suggestion but as you can see in screenshots higher: even a manual procedure with avr-dude fails 😞

• Sketch uses 5042 bytes (15%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
    Global variables use 199 bytes (9%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1849 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.

Flash complete!
    this check.

avrdude done. Thank you.

No luck 😞

• @rutayan-patro said in Omega 2 and Arduino dock.:

Sketch uses 5042 bytes (15%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
    Global variables use 199 bytes (9%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1849 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.

Flash complete!
    this check.

avrdude done. Thank you.

No luck 😞

you have the same error as me right ?
    i ordered another omega2 on indieGogo .. i hope that wen i receive it i will be able to compare if my 2nd still has the same issue ...
    for now i just dont use the Omega and i purchased a RaspberryPi3 to learn meanwhile i have a fix for Avrdude

• @frederic-raducki I think buying another Omega 2 is a bad idea. I've got a support ticket open over a month ago and have yet to receive a response. It's been "Being Processed" for 31 days now. Giving these guys more money seems like a bad idea until they prove they can sort this stuff out.

• @frederic-raducki @rutayan-patro have you ever managed to get around this problem?

I am using arduino-dock (version 1) on Omega2+ and whenever I try to flash the bootloader I get AVR device not responding

I'm using avrdude: Version 6.1, compiled on Feb 3 2017 at 01:12:05

root@Omega:~# sh /usr/bin/arduino-dock flash bootloader
    > Flashing bootloader...

this check.

avrdude done.  Thank you.

this check.

avrdude done.  Thank you.

> Done

• @Venet said in Omega 2 and Arduino dock.:

I am using arduino-dock (version 1) on Omega2+ and whenever I try to flash the bootloader I get AVR device not responding

root@Omega:~# sh /usr/bin/arduino-dock flash bootloader
    > Flashing bootloader...

Double check connections and try again, ...

Yes, because those connections are really missing on the first version of Arduino Dock.
    Arduino Dock 2 has got an ICSP / ISP programming interface.
    So you should build something similar circuit to burn a bootloader into the ATmega of a version 1 Dock with Omega2.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.