Omega 2 and Arduino dock.

• and today this does not work ....

Flashing application '/tmp/sketch.hex' ...

ERROR, flash NOT successful
    Flash complete!
    avrdude: AVR device not responding
    avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
    Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
    this check.

avrdude done. Thank you.

• im starting to be fed-up ....
    it worked yesterday with the latest firmware ...
    now after i did a factory reset i can't manage to upload any sketch.
    neither via Arduino last IDE nor manually.

this is what manuel install does with arduino-dock 1st version and arduino-dock 2nd version ...
    alt text

• how can avr-dude be "broken" ?

i do "opkg remove" of everything related with arduino (dock1, dock2, avr-dude ..)
    i reboot the system.
    then i reinstall each of these ( pikcing of course only one of the 2 docks cause they can't be used in the same time, anyway mine is the _2)
    i reboot the system just to be sure ...

Arduino IDE recognizes the board via WIFI, i can even inout the board PASSWORD ...
    but then this damn problem occurs.

i suspect it's the communication between the Omega and the ATmega that is going crazy.
    What should i do ? should i downgrade to the firmware that had CLOUD registering broken ?
    cause with that plugin i COULD ACTUALLY upload sketches.

i beg anyone to help, i'm starting to be fed-up with this.

• any clue ? (up)

• @frederic-raducki
    sometime I found my problem related to wifi, and yes, once I put it down it works but when I put it down again it won't work, I have tried not to touch it once it made connection, still works.. I am about 3 metres from the router which is a good distance.

• @David-Wickenden said in Omega 2 and Arduino dock.:

@frederic-raducki
    sometime I found my problem related to wifi, and yes, once I put it down it works but when I put it down again it won't work, I have tried not to touch it once it made connection, still works.. I am about 3 metres from the router which is a good distance.

sure, thank for the suggestion but as you can see in screenshots higher: even a manual procedure with avr-dude fails :-(

• Sketch uses 5042 bytes (15%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
    Global variables use 199 bytes (9%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1849 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.

Flash complete!
    this check.

avrdude done. Thank you.

No luck :(

• @rutayan-patro said in Omega 2 and Arduino dock.:

Sketch uses 5042 bytes (15%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
    Global variables use 199 bytes (9%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1849 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.

Flash complete!
    this check.

avrdude done. Thank you.

No luck :(

you have the same error as me right ?
    i ordered another omega2 on indieGogo .. i hope that wen i receive it i will be able to compare if my 2nd still has the same issue ...
    for now i just dont use the Omega and i purchased a RaspberryPi3 to learn meanwhile i have a fix for Avrdude

• @frederic-raducki I think buying another Omega 2 is a bad idea. I've got a support ticket open over a month ago and have yet to receive a response. It's been "Being Processed" for 31 days now. Giving these guys more money seems like a bad idea until they prove they can sort this stuff out.