We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

How to install 'OAuth' for PHP

• @Danny-van-der-Sluijs Can you post the content of your Makefile? I believe there's a configure in there that allows you to set which category you will be placing the package under.

• Hi Sorry I am still totally lost...
    I don't seem to be able to run the first command to setup the Cross-Compile Environment.

If I type ....
    $ apt-get install -y subversion build-essential libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev gawk flex quilt git-core unzip libssl-dev
    I get $ not found, or if I just start command with apt-get .... I get apt-get not found error.

I have tried this from both the control panel command line interface and the serial interface.
    What is the $ at the beginning of the commands and why is my device not recognising it?

• Hi @Brian-Moreau, It seems that you are trying to setup the cross-compile environment on the Omega. You need to set it up on a Linux computer. The cross-compile environment is an environment that allows you to compile source code to Omega-specific binary. Since the Omega itself doesn't have a huge amount of computational resource, it is usually done on a desktop (or laptop) computer.

Do you know how to setup a virtual machine? We can walk you through the steps.

• Hi again @Boken-Lin ,
    I very much appreciate your help and assistance in this since it is not strictly an Omega problem.
    Ok I am using WINXP PC and have in the past made dual boot so I should be able to manage to do that again but just wonder if you would recommend which virtual machine would be best for working with the Omega?

• @Brian-Moreau I have had a lot of success running a KUbuntu 14.04 VM in a VirtualBox VM under Windows

• @Brian-Moreau Yeah, like @Kit-Bishop mentioned, one of the Ubuntu version is probably the easiest to get started. We've also got pre-compiled SDK for 64-bit Ubuntu.

• Hi again @Broken-Lin
    Ok I made some progress...
    I installed KUbuntu on another computer.
    I have followed steps 1 and 2 for setting up the Cross Compile Platform and all is good.
    I now have the following prompt..
    /openwrt t$

I am now at Step 3: Update Feeds but unsure what to do?
    I typed cd feeds to go to the feeds directory but it says no such file or directory.

Thanks in advance
    Brian

• @Brian-Moreau Some small bits of clarification that may help:

• There is no directory feeds - feeds is a script file in the directory scripts under your openwrt directory
    • The file feeds.conf.default that needs modifying referred to in Step 3 of the tutorial is in your openwrt directory
    • The command to be run as described in Step 3 i.e.:
      scripts/feeds update -a
      should be run from your openwrt directory.
      It runs the feeds script that is in the scripts directory.
    • All other commands covered in the tutorial should similarly just be run from the openwrt directory

• @Boken-Lin said:

Do you know how to setup a virtual machine? We can walk you through the steps.

This would be great been thinking about doing this while I wait on my second Omega. Could you be so kind as to post the steps for setting up VM?

• @Rudy-Trujillo First you will need to get and install a copy of VirtualBox. This can be found at: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Then you will need an OS image to run on the VirtualBox - most commonly used for Omega work seems to be KUbuntu.

There are two ways to do this:

1. The hard way: download an ISO of the KUbuntu version you want (these can be found here: http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu/). Then create a VM instance in VirtualBox that you install to from the ISO image - i.e. set the VM up to boot from the ISO image as a CD/DVD and follow the installation process. When that is complete, disconnect the VM from the ISO image and when you reboot the VM, you should be running the installed system.
    2. The easy way: Download a pre-installed VirtualBox VM image for the version you want. I would suggest the one that can be obtained from here: https://virtualboximages.com/Kubuntu+15.04+amd64+VirtualBox+VDI+Virtual+Computer
      Then just open it using VirtualBox and you will be running the pre-installed system.

• @Rudy-Trujillo A PS to my previous message: some people prefer VMWare over VitualBox.
    A free copy of VMWare can be found at: https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/info?slug=desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_workstation/10_0
    The principle of VMWare is pretty much the same as VirtualBox
    I am less familiar with the availability of pre-installed VMWare images and you may have to do a google search for one.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.