We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

New Omega2+ seems to be "dead"

• Here the pics:

2_1485462227669_IMG_0276.JPG 1_1485462227668_IMG_0275.JPG 0_1485462227658_IMG_0274.JPG

Unfortunately, I could not recognize an obvious defect ... 😞

Thx in advance,

Jürgen

• Look closely at the array of exposed metal strips. One of them appears to have a couple of holes that the one I have in my hand doesn't have.

• @Jürgen-Pollex In the first photo BTW. Halfway down the left-hand row of exposed metal hashes.

• THX,
    yes, I found in the 11th strip two holes ans some solder. But how does this help me further? What shall be the next step? Contact the Onion team?

Thank you in advance,
    Jürgen

• re: yes, I found in the 11th strip two holes ans some solder.

That should be ok. Contact #11 and #12 are both connected thru "via" (these 2 through holes.)

ccs_hello

• Dear Community,

A big THX for your support and information so far. Unfortunately it did not solve my problem. Nevertheless now my (at least for me) the central question:

How do I get a working Omega 2+?

• send the "old" one back to get an replacement?
    • somehow update the actual one (what is needed to do so; actually I´ve at home only the Omega and a expansion dock)?
    • order a new one?
    • leave the path of Omega (worst case) ...

Thx in advance,
    kind regards,

Jürgen

• @Jürgen-Pollex , you made what onion.io was asking for. When you make a ticket then include this request (link to it). They will give you more details. Asking for tools to do some more Hardware testing and/or ask for a replacement.

• Given that you say that the terminal monitored no connection to the board, but then immediately follow that with a quote from the terminal showing connection to a board, it's a bit unclear how anyone could help.

• @Chris-Stratton , thanks for showing up this. Count this according my missing experience with this kind of Problems. Nevertheless at first I thought, that the message came from the driver or the expansion dock. Afterwards I recognized that there should be a sort of connection to the Omega 2+, because the memory was displayed. On the other hand - compared with other monitor / screenshots after an Omega - restart, my picture was total different ... :fleur-de-lis:

• I have the two little holes in the golden metal strips too, but no solder as you do. Btw, your photos are really sharp for the size! Nicely done!

There's a component soldered sideways near the SD card connector edge, the edge opposite to the card entrance. Not sure if it's connected or not because it's darker there.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.