We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega 2 plus but no sd card slot...

• Hi,
    I just got an Onion omega 2 plus in the mail, or at least I think.
    The model number is OM-O2P, which I think means Onion Omega-Omega 2 Plus.
    However, on the backside, there is no micro sd card slot! Only the solder pads exsist, and I never soldered on smd parts before. Nor do I know where to get an sd card holder than matches the solder pads on the bottom of my board.
    is this normal?

Thanks!

• OM-02P is the model designation for the omega2+ that i own. does it say omega2+ across the top on the front side of the device?

• @Eric-Min The "P" in OM-O2P denotes the model Omega 2 Plus. Apparently your unit was erroneously manufactured without the SD card socket. Get the attention of someone at Onion to have this unit replaced. You can do this by filing a Help Desk Ticket - how is in the guidelines via the orange box above and send them some photos showing the missing SD slot.

• @Eric-Min

@Ken-Conrad said in Omega 2 plus but no sd card slot...:

You can do this by filing a Help Desk Ticket - how is in the guidelines via the orange box above and send them some photos showing the missing SD slot.

Please make a high resolution (macro) photo from the bottom side of your Omega2+ if you can, and share with us too.

• Thank you guys!
    I was so worried! I thought I ordered the wrong model and so I wouldn't be able to get a replacement...

Thanks! I'll file a ticket for a replacement!

• @Douglas-Kryder No it doesn't. But looking at others' replies, I think mine is an Omega 2 plus.
    I looked at the documentation, and the Omega 2 is supposed to say Omega 2 on top and the model should be OM-O2. The Omega 2 plus should say Omega 2+ on top and OM-O2P for the model. However, the strange thing is, Mine says Onion Omega 2 on the top but for the model number it says OM-O2P. Here's proof:0_1489942051494_20170319_123239.jpg

• @Eric-Min That is a strange label on the RF shield - it looks like the "child" of an Omega 2 and 2+!

Here is a another way to ask the question "What Omega do you actually have?" - The Omega2+ has 128Mb of DRAM memory, vs 64MB on the Omega2. If you have a USB TTL serial connection to the unit, when it boots yo will see this difference -

Omega2 -

/ __ ___ ()__ ___ / __ _ _ ___ ___ ____ _
    / // / _ / / _ / _ \ / // / ' / -) _ / _ /
    _
    /////___//// _////_/_, /_,/
    W H A T W I L L Y O U I N V E N T ? /
    __/"

Board: Onion Omega2 APSoC DRAM: 64 MB
    relocate_code Pointer at: 83f60000

Omega2+

/ __ ___ ()__ ___ / __ _ _ ___ ___ ____ _
    / // / _ / / _ / _ \ / // / ' / -) _ / _ /
    _
    /////___//// _////_/_, /_,/
    W H A T W I L L Y O U I N V E N T ? /
    __/"

Board: Onion Omega2 APSoC DRAM: 128 MB
    relocate_code Pointer at: 87f60000

• Counterfeit?

That is odd and the first time I've heard of this. Did @op purchase directly from Onion? Weird! 🙂

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.