We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Unable to successfully change password...

• Howdy, I am unable to change the login password under 'Settings>General Settings'.

It will tell me it was successful, but then I log out to try the new PW and it still only takes the old one.

• @Kurt-Roesener i have the same issue. Anyone else? Should it be noticed as bug?

• @Futsking-Futsker , to check if it is a bug you need to tell the firmware version you use ... both of you.

• @Luciano-S. it uses last fw version, which actual at 25-may-2017 0.1.10 (b160)
    Browser: Last version of Opera

• Just change the password from the terminal using the "passwd" command.

• @Luciano-S. said in Unable to successfully change password...:

@Futsking-Futsker , to check if it is a bug you need to tell the firmware version you use ... both of you.

My Onion is on 160 as well. Using both Opera and Vivaldi, also Win 7 & 10.

@Brad-Buskey That isn't the point, I know I can do that, but shouldn't the GUI Settings manager work??

• @Kurt-Roesener said in Unable to successfully change password...:

@Brad-Buskey That isn't the point, I know I can do that, but shouldn't the GUI Settings manager work??

At what point do you stop banging your head against a wall and wipe up the blood from your forehead.

It is not a secret that the web-based console rarely works right. There are plenty of threads complaining about it. The command line always works. That includes for setting the name, wifi info, AP info, and so on.

Now, if you want to go into the web source and fix it, then by all means do so, and share the results. If all you wanted was to change the password, why the hell are you bitching when a solution is given to do exactly what you wanted?

• @Brad-Buskey said in Unable to successfully change password...:

@Kurt-Roesener said in Unable to successfully change password...:

At what point do you stop banging your head against a wall and wipe up the blood from your forehead.

It is not a secret that the web-based console rarely works right. There are plenty of threads complaining about it. The command line always works. That includes for setting the name, wifi info, AP info, and so on.

Now, if you want to go into the web source and fix it, then by all means do so, and share the results. If all you wanted was to change the password, why the hell are you bitching when a solution is given to do exactly what you wanted?

Since when is trying to improve a Beta version of something, 'bitching'??
    I am not a web dev, I am just a user trying to provide feedback on Onion's hardware and software.
    Not sure what got into your craw, but heckling feedback is not very constructive at all!

EDIT: Pretty darn sure this is the "Comments and Feedback" section of these forums, as well!!

• @Kurt-Roesener said in Unable to successfully change password...:

Of course it is a good thing to improve a beta version. Just in this case of the Onion project it is also a waist of time to do so.

In a good working Open-source community you get access to the full source code and the Project owner generally work hard with the community together.

The forum here is basically community driven and the majority wants to help quickly not loosing a lot of time. That's why you got the advice to solve problem in Terminal.

p.s
    did you get a try on the chrome browser? Or better if you are a Opera Fan you could try vivaldi.

• @Luciano-S. said in Unable to successfully change password...:

@Kurt-Roesener said in Unable to successfully change password...:

Of course it is a good thing to improve a beta version. Just in this case of the Onion project it is also a waist of time to do so.

In a good working Open-source community you get access to the full source code and the Project owner generally work hard with the community together.

The forum here is basically community driven and the majority wants to help quickly not loosing a lot of time. That's why you got the advice to solve problem in Terminal.

p.s
    did you get a try on the chrome browser? Or better if you are a Opera Fan you could try vivaldi.

I have been using Opera and Vivaldi in connecting with the Omega2, as I stated after your inquiry as to the Version number I have the issue with.
    I am not a Developer so I am unable to contribute code to this project, but thought I could help be either posting issues, (and I did search for this before hand) or confirming them.

This section is for feedback and I don't think I should be heckler for posting actual Feedback in here. It's also hard to tell who is official and who isn't, but Brad doesn't seem to be very professional one way or the other.

I posted this over a month ago and actually forgot about it until the follow-up 2 days ago, nothing quick happened here.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.