We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

New Omega 2 No Wifi Nothing happening...

• I haven't tried USB serial on Linux. So i can't help troubleshoot it. That's why I send u the link to set up USB serial connection with Windows

• @Jackdaw
    OP has an Omega2 and a Power Dock.
    There is no USB-to-Serial Chip on that Dock.

• @György-Farkas said in New Omega 2 No Wifi Nothing happening...:

@Jackdaw

I see... should have known it earlier. -headpalm-

• @Jackdaw said in New Omega 2 No Wifi Nothing happening...

@György-Farkas said in New Omega 2 No Wifi Nothing happening...:

@Jackdaw

Oh dear, have I made an idiot of myself? :clap_tone1:
    Then every thing's working as it should? Why wouldn't they include something like that on the power dock!
    Sorry for being such an idiot Jack, I really appreciated your help 🙂
    Is this something I need to buy separately or something that 'Should have' come in the package?
    Can I connect another way?

• The only thing you can try is reset. Push the reset button 10 sec. and check if it blinks.
    alt text
    If not, then the best thing to get your omega back to work is to use an expansion dock or mini dock, so that you can use a serial connection.

• @Jackdaw said in New Omega 2 No Wifi Nothing happening...:

The only thing you can try is reset. Push the reset button 10 sec. and check if it blinks.
    alt text
    If not, then the best thing to get your omega back to work is to use an expansion dock or mini dock, so that you can use a serial connection.

The Omega 2 plus has wifi built in right? I might try tinkering with the pins to see if I can get it working 😞

• @Alex-Hill said in New Omega 2 No Wifi Nothing happening...:

@Marcin-Debowski
    Yes, when I first turned it on it went straight to solid Amber light.

It's definitely not a good sign. It looks it simply doesn't boot. Serial connection would help to diagnose on what stage the booting process stops. To connect via serial using the UART ports of Omega you would need an external converter like this one:
    alt text

I don't know, whether this is correct for the Omegas, but for the machines like Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi and few other (admittedly relying on SD cards), going straight to solid typically means having problems at the very early booting stage, basically the boot loader not being able to load anything (a kernel) from the storage.

• @Alex-Hill
    Do make a Factory Restore/Factory Reset.
    Onion Omega2 Documentation

• Wait till your Omega boots

The amber LED on your Omega should turn on and then start blinking...

It’s possible that your Omega will behave a little differently: if the amber LED on your Omega turns on and remains on, wait for about a minute, and your Omega will have booted.

Most probably it will not blinking because your Omega's firmware is fairly old.

• Connect your PC to the Omega’s WiFi Network

The Omega hosts it’s own WiFi network access point. Lets connect your computer to it. The WiFi network is named the same as your Omega and the default password is 12345678

• The Setup Wizard

Open your favourite browser (Google Chrome is a good choice here and now) and navigate to...
    http://192.168.3.1
    You have now arrived at the Setup Wizard...

I hope so. :slight_smile:

• @György-Farkas said in New Omega 2 No Wifi Nothing happening...:

@Alex-Hill

It’s possible that your Omega will behave a little differently: if the amber LED on your Omega turns on and remains on, wait for about a minute, and your Omega will have booted.

The Omega hosts it’s own WiFi network access point. Lets connect your computer to it. The WiFi network is named the same as your Omega and the default password is 12345678

• The Setup Wizard

Open your favourite browser (Google Chrome is a good choice here and now) and navigate to...

Thanks Setup Wizard, but my Omega's wifi never turns on.

@Alex-Hill

• The Setup Wizard

Thanks very much everyone for the help. Really appreciate it. I am going to try and send this Omega back + The Power Station as there is clearly something wrong with the hardware somewhere. Surprised it was broken out the box. I hope they will be able to replace it.

@Alex-Hill said in New Omega 2 No Wifi Nothing happening...:

@Alex-Hill

• The Setup Wizard

Thanks very much everyone for the help. Really appreciate it. I am going to try and send this Omega back + The Power Station as there is clearly something wrong with the hardware somewhere. Surprised it was broken out the box. I hope they will be able to replace it.

I have tried contacting them via onion support (https://onion.freshdesk.com/support/tickets) and via the Indiegogo campaign where I bought it, for a refund. I have had no replies so far. I wonder if I will they will replace my dud Omega.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.