We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Bad news, bad manners

• Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know, I have contacted the Onion team which resulted in a ticket. This ticket simply got closed without any kind of reply. I hope you can read between the lines ...

Here my e-mail:

Hello Lazar,

Your forum has been offline for a few days, but there is no information what is going on.

I have wifi issues with both of my o2p, they will not connect to my MikroTik router. This is crticial for IoT, because Ethernet is just so archaic.

There has been no firmware updates since March.

Is the project practically dead now? I see only marketing related updates on the website...

I have noticed, that the two boards I received in May are slightly different to the original January version. Is it better or worse?

I have learnt that Mediatek is not really maintaining the SDK for MT7688 chipset anymore. What are the consequences of this situation to your project?

Any kind of reply will be appreciated. It doesn't need to be supportive. I am ready to write off my USD 40 I have invested, just send me a signal if it is not worth to invest any more time with these boards.

Thanks,
    Aron

• @Aron said in Bad news, bad manners:

[...] I have learnt that Mediatek is not really maintaining the SDK for MT7688 chipset anymore.[...]

Can you share any sources for this piece of information?

Unrelated to what this might mean to the Omega2 (IMHO not too much - LEDE and mt76 progress are much more important), I'd like to learn more about why MediaTek does this and what it says about MediaTek's commitment to the MT7688 chip as such.

• i have not run across any statements by mediatek specifically but i ran across this thread last week while researching something else. seems they have a misunderstanding about who has the job of maintaining it , if nothing else.

https://en.forum.labs.mediatek.com/t/adventures-in-building-openwrt-for-linkit7688/258

• @Aron said in Bad news, bad manners:

Your forum has been offline for a few days, but there is no information what is going on.

https://community.onion.io/topic/2071/community-is-back-online
    at least a note what happened would be nice anyway.

This ticket simply got closed without any kind of reply.

Even if the onioneers promised not to do so anymore it looks like they still do it. (buuu)

Is the project practically dead now? I see only marketing related updates on the website...

Just cancel the newsletter and you have peace 😉

• @Luciano-S. said in Bad news, bad manners:

@Aron said in Bad news, bad manners:

https://community.onion.io/topic/2071/community-is-back-online
    at least a note what happened would be nice anyway.

twitter facebook
    Maybe Zheng Han's @zheng-han former short message is missing:

Houston Hi Folks, we have a problem ~ May 21

Because we’re worth it 😉

• @Douglas-Kryder

Hi folks,

Yes, it is based on that thread. I do not expect an official (bad news) statement from a company who cannot manage its own internal affairs.

By the way, I gave my $40 worth of electric junk to a colleague, maybe he will have more joy with it. I will let you know what his first impressions were.

Cheers,
    Aron

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.