We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-ltQfzE-build/

• root@Omega-EF91:~# pip install python-wifi-0.6.1.tar.bz2
    Processing ./python-wifi-0.6.1.tar.bz2
    Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-ltQfzE-build/
    root@Omega-EF91:~#

I get this error on several packages. I'd like to solve this one. Any ideas why it would fail?

Thanks

• I think this package needs to compile C or C++ code/library, that is something that onion omega cannot support. You need first to compile this package in a cross-compiler (e.g. compile onion C/C++ code on your pc first) and then install the package .ipk on your omega. The same thing I did for python-evdev library. There are some threads in this community, even a docker image of the cross-compiler environment, if you feel brave enough you can give it a try!

• Thanks @elefas-GR . I got my cross-compile environment setup.

I would like some help in determining what I need to cross-compile. Do I just need to go through the code in setup.py and trace it down by hand?

• administrators

@Chaim-Krause might be a configuration issue with PIP's setup tools package. Try running pip install --upgrade setuptools and then your command again.

See the Python article on the Onion Docs for more details.

• @Lazar-Demin That seems to have worked. Thank you. Now on the next hurdle.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.