We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Looking for help to x-compile procps-ng

• The busybox /bin/ps doesn't fit my needs.

I have found https://gitlab.com/procps-ng/procps

And I have set up the x-compile environment on an Ubuntu box.

I see a Makefile.am in the procps source. Is that what I use? Why does it have an .am suffix?

I have xCompile.sh from the sample. I assume it use it with a modified Makefile.am?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• @Chaim-Krause
    Here you are a little bit simpler way 😉

Uncomment this line of /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf
    src/gz reboot_packages http://downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/packages/mipsel_24kc/packages

opkg update
    opkg install procps-ng-ps

Usage example:
    /usr/bin/ps -eF

Footnotes:
    opkg list | grep procps-ng

procps-ng - 3.3.11-3 - procps is a set of command line and full-screen utilities that provide information out of the pseudo-filesystem most commonly located at /proc. This filesystem provides a simple interface to the kernel data structures. The programs of procps generally concentrate on the structures that describe the processess running on the system.
    NOTE: some utilities provided by procps-ng packages (ps, uptime, kill, ...) are installed as busybox applets, by default.
    Conflicting applets should be removed from the build to avoid file conflicts.

root@Omega-5BE1:~# ls -l /bin/ps
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 Jul 27 07:51 /bin/ps -> busybox
    ps --help

root@Omega-5BE1:~# ls -l /usr/bin/ps
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         61656 Jul 25 03:55 /usr/bin/ps
    /usr/bin/ps --help all

Good luck!

• @György-Farkas Thank you so much. You saved me a lot of wasted time. Your instructions worked perfectly.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.