We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega Arrived!!!

• Hey Onion,
    So the Omega arrived in Eastern Canada on Saturday. Looks great, loving it already.

Did discover that IE didn't like connecting to it, but Chrome works fine. Also having an issue where putty doesn't want to connect at all.....terminal just hangs. Browser/Console terminal works fine, so that'll do for now. Got 3 docks, forgot to order an Ethernet expansion, had to fix that too.

Playing with it and thinking up a few projects, so I'll post again soon. I'm not the most advanced programmer, but it'll be fun to learn. Keep up the good work.

• Hi @SDuquet, I'm glad that you like the Omega šŸ™‚

We are using a new framework for building the console, and it doesn't currently support IE. Overtime the support will be added. Although we've tested the Console on Edge and it worked fine.

Can you describe the Putty issue a bit more? Let's see if we can get that to work. It is a very handy way to debug on the Omega when its WiFi interface is down.

Cheers!

• Sounds good. I'm going to do some combinations/eliminations based on USB ports, docks and check the power output of each. I'll do some double checking first and get back to you.

• @SDuquet it is nice to see I'm not the only Canadian here! I'm a french guy from Quebec. I see you are from NL, I went there last month for an automation project in a sawmill near Clarenville.

Cheers,
    Fred

• @Fred-Blais I'm in St. John's. Love Quebec. We'll chat šŸ™‚

• @SDuquet, @Fred-Blais: And we are in Ontario šŸ™‚

• That's freaking awesome. OK, I'm going to start a with what I'm doing to fix this issue.

• So I have the Onion plugged into the mini dock, cause that's the one that works. The Expansion dock, for some messed up reason, won't even show the omega access point. I have discovered that since I mounted a flash drive, it doesn't like being without it. I can access the terminal in the console, but putty still won't work. Sometimes the terminal hangs there, and other times the com port doesn't even pick up the device. Any information you need, just let me know. I'm going to try a few different things.

• @SDuquet Can you take a picture of your setup? Let's see if we can identify visually if there's any problem.

• Here's the play by play.

Laptop.jpg
    Looks like the rum is getting low. That is the only USB that works, any other one and the wifi won't work. Serial doesn't work in any port. Here are the Omega shots.

Omega1.jpg
    Omega2.jpg
    Omega3.jpg

Driver.jpg
    Driver installed...even uninstalled and reinstalled.

Putty.jpg
    PuttyError.jpg
    Putty Setup and Error

LocalError.jpg
    For some reason, the http://.local doesn't like to work.

Status.jpg
    Console works fine with IP address. I even saved a new password and current timezone

ConsoleTerminal.jpg
    Console Terminal works fine as well.

I know its a lot, but that's all of it. I followed the getstarted guide to the letter. I even hooked up a wireless reciever on my PC, same thing. Serial didn't work there either. Even tried a few different cables and ports.

• Forgot to add this one. This randomly happens, and you can hit ENTER and wait all day and nothing happens. Even started hitting ENTER every minute. Doesn't move from here.

PuttyHang.jpg

• @Boken-Lin

OK, so now here comes the humiliating part, and some lessons in self-learning. I was thumbing through the forum, and noticed some pictures posted of other peoples setups. And noticed the way the Omega was docked for other people. Then I looked at mine again, and noticed the "incomplete" docking I had done.

When I first received the Omega, I docked it, and was half-paranoid of really pushing it together with the dock, had bad images of a pin flying gracefully across the room, and landing on the floor, and a dog, curiously looking at it, then at me. So needless to say, I didn't apply very much muscle to it, and figured (as the pics above show), that's the way it was suppose to be.

So with just a little added "umph", the Omega pops into place. I plug it in, start putty, and realize how much of your time I've wasted. Works great. No issues what so ever. I would suggest posting a pic above in the getstarted tutorial to show what not to do, or how it should not be. I noticed the green light is now a nice blue-green. Truly a "head-banging-on-desk" kind of morning šŸ™‚

• Should rename this thread "For a Good Laugh"

• administrators

@SDuquet lol it's a learning process! Don't worry, the same thing happened to me!

• @SDuquet Yeh, everyone is learning! šŸ˜„

Hey at least you did the manly thing and own up!! šŸ˜‰

• @SDuquet

had bad images of a pin flying gracefully across the room, and landing on the floor, and a dog, curiously looking at it, then at me

I LOLed on this.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.