We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

UART0/1 5v Tolerance?

• Hello all,
    I know that it is written NO 5V tolerance on GPIO pins just like it is written for particle photon but when you go a bit deeper you see that for pins D0/1 - for UART they made them 5v tolerant.
    I dont want to kill the unit so its better to ask. I was searching for any similar topic but no luck (might it be that after I submit this topic.........first thing that will pop out will be the answer šŸ™‚ ).

Oh....the question is if i am using omega2+ with no expansions nor docks.....just plain omega2+.

BR
    Ales

• I've also searched extensively for this very subject, without luck. I'll post a different, yet related, topic in a bit. I have devices that are driving, perhaps over driving, the Omega2+ resulting in gibberish. The Omega2+ may very well be under driving the devices I'm using. This is very un-fun when grasping at straws.

--Bill

• @Ales-Strazar said in UART0/1 5v Tolerance?:

I know that it is written NO 5V tolerance on GPIO pins just like it is written for particle photon but when you go a bit deeper you see that for pins D0/1 - for UART they made them 5v tolerant.

No, they are not 5v tolerant.

Further, having a signal on those pins from a connected serial converter when the module itself is unpowered can even through a series resistor inject enough current into the power rails to get things into a state where a clean boot will not happen when the module is powered up.

@William-Scott said in UART0/1 5v Tolerance?:

I have devices that are driving, perhaps over driving, the Omega2+ resulting in gibberish.

As someone else pointed out there, you are using the wrong signalling standard - both dangerously over voltage, and inverted in logic sense from what is needed.

• @Chris-Stratton Thank you for the answer....will proceed accordingly šŸ™‚

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.