We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

International shipment | customs | taxes

1. Would like to know witch elements (data) are visible on a Package when we get a order from the online-store? Is the order # visible ? As I could see in other questions there is a shipment form missing who declares the goods/price/shipment tax ?
      Are Brazilians here who bought from the store?

2. Please feel free to report your experiences (from any country outside US) . Important info's are:

(Cut & paste to save time to format 😉 )

* **From witch country you ordered?**
    * **Was there a tax free limit you could buy?**
    * **Is there a special place you could inform you (URL etc.)**
    * **Could you track your order?**
    * **Probably would be also good idea to know if it was from kick starter or just from the online-store your experience?**

• @Luciano-S. Right now the only information that's available on the package when you order from the online store is your name, address, etc and the custom declaration form, which contains a list of items that's in the box. We are still working on integration between the fulfillment center and the online store so that order numbers can be included.

• From witch country you ordered?
      Germany

• Was there a tax free limit you could buy?
      My order was round about 65€ (little developer package with some stuff) and i had to pay additional round about 11€ (~12$). I don't have any information about a duty free definition. But i guess my value was to much anyway.

• Is there a special place you could inform you (URL etc.)
      ?

• Could you track your order?
      Nope, i guess after the big shipment announcement, i've got a letter from the german customs. The reason for catching the package was: unidentifiable goods without any kind of delivery notes (outside the package).

• Probably would be also good idea to know if it was from kick starter?
      Kickstarter, not early bird order.

Brazil
      I was reading that 50USD is Tax free if and the ordering individual is a natural person.
      http://compranoexterior.com.br/importacao-de-ate-50-dolares-paga-imposto/
    • Is there a special place you got advice from (URL etc.)
      Made researches by "correios. It was a poor experience because of missing pages in EN (404)"
      Yes i got a tracking number where I should be able to see when the goods are arriving. The online-service 17track.net offers also mobile apps to track on the go.
    • My order was made direct in the online-store!
      When you order there you get a order# (internal), shipping# (internal?) and from Hong-Kong a Tracking Tracking# (17track.net). So, no need to get nervous 😉

In the end i had to pay Taxes for 10 USD (77%). I will try to find out why i had to pay this taxes.

@ Stefan Zucca thanks for your experience. I found that here (just in German) There is a Limit where you can get goods from outside of your country, duty free.

@ Boken Lin thanks too.

• Finally after long time i got my two Omegas & Docks.

The legal Base of the Taxes i had to pay:
    base-legal.JPG

Probably i do live in the most expensive state of Brazil, Santa Catarina?

• @Luciano-S. Hmmm, is there a value/weight that's exempt from duty when shipping to Brazil?

• @Luciano-S. said:

A User from Brazil mentioned here in the community, that he got everything he ordered on the Kick-starter campaign, without problem and without have to paying taxes. Could it be that the campaign not was maid over the onion companie?

I mean, on the envelope by the field "Date and sender's signature" it was written: SFC . What ever this stands for? What is missing, is that someone did put date and Signature. Good would also be, if on the outside of the envelope it would have a transparent part with the detailed declaration of the Items and values where customs could open and just take this document out.

• That was me. Indeed I got the Omega + expansion dock + oled display and was not charged any extra taxes.

I remember the 3 little boxes came all in a small envelope but I don't remember what was written on it. I have an order placed for the BLE and GPS expansions, let's see how that goes.

• It really looks like if a shipment is between two private persons, there is no charge of taxes if value is until 50 USD.

The kick-starter shipments where also made with the "Exchain International Limited Unit"?

• Here are my 02 orders history.

First order(kickstarter campaign) - Taxed in about BRL35.00

Brazil
      Nope - tax free is only applicable for items shipped as "gift". All other cases are subject to eventual inspection/taxes.
      Not actually. I am just an experienced buyer
      Yes, from China Postal service
    • Probably would be also good idea to know if it was from kick starter or just from the online-store your experience?
      Kickstarter

Second order - from online store - No taxes were applied

Brazil
      Nope - tax free is only applicable for items shipped as "gift". All other cases are subject to eventual custom taxes.
      Not actually. I am just an experienced buyer
      Yes, but this time I got a number from DHL.
    • Probably would be also good idea to know if it was from kick starter or just from the online-store your experience?
      Online Store

Some tips:
    1 - Brazilian customs does not inspect all shipments. They randomly select boxes to inspect. So ship your items separately on as much boxes as you can, so you reduce your chances to be taxed.
    2 - Shipments sent by courier services(like Fedex and DHL Express) will always be taxed.
    3 - The tax free for items bellow $50,00 and shipped by non-commercial individuals is BS. Customs agents are free to get any ship they would like to. There's a long time it's not valid anymore.
    4 - The DHL global mail is not considered a courier service in Brazil, so it's not applicable to #2 rule.

Hope it helps

• @Vinicius-Batista said:

1 - Brazilian customs does not inspect all shipments. They randomly select boxes to inspect. So ship your items separately on as much boxes as you can, so you reduce your chances to be taxed.
    Hope it helps

Then my name is Random.
    I got always taxed. Even for gifts for my son i had to pay taxes!

• So Folks from Brazil ... let's see how long it takes till i get my shipment. BTW i can see the shipment entering by Correios already:

24/01/2017 11:33 CURITIBA / PR
    Objeto encaminhado
    de Unidade de Tratamento em CURITIBA / PR para Unidade Administrativa em RFB - Liberado sem Tributação / BR

17/01/2017 14:52 CURITIBA / PR
    Objeto recebido pelos Correios do Brasil

02/01/2017 21:45 ALEMANHA /
    Objeto encaminhado de País em ALEMANHA / para País em BRASIL / BR

29/12/2016 04:14 ALEMANHA / Objeto postado

28/12/2016 21:50 ALEMANHA / Objeto postado

Something nice I already can see ... has been liberate without taxing !

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.