We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Arduino sketches to Onion omega 2.

• Re: Arduino and Omega
    Would it be possible to port arduino sketches to the omega onion 2?

• So long as there is no effort to make Omega2 as one of the Arduino supported boards
    (i.e., as a part of the Arduino platform),
    it is a waste of time trying to port sketch over.

Currently, AFAIK, there is no such effort in place at all.

• As @ccs-hello mentioned, not trivially. But Arduino sketches are just C/C++ programs with some helper functions and syntactic sugar sprinkled on top, so it wouldn't be an impossible undertaking porting a sketch and it's required libraries over to use Omega's GPIO.

Obviously things like power management and timings would be different it would never be a simple drop-in change, but if your code doesn't make use of things like that, it's definitely doable.

All that being said, you would most likely have an easier time of it just re-implementing the sketch from ground up on the Omega, or if you're really married to the Arduino IDE, getting a different, Arduino compatible, board like one of the ESP32-powered ones.

• The Omeage2 has no analog, limited PWM, non-deterministic timing.

Arduinos have a varied number of analog, digital and PWM pins, are deterministic as to how long things take to run, have 'bank' i/o support (which I've not seen implemented on any copy device), software serial, sleep mode, ...

So, no.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.