We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Arduino Dock 2 - no reset on reboot

• For those familiar with the inner workings of the Arduino dock 2 & Onion, would it be possible to stop the arduino rebooting when the Onion reboots?

I want to keep the Arduino running as I need certain functions to keep monitoring external events while the onion is free to reboot at any time necessary for code updates etc.

I have looked at the hardware and it appears that there is no interaction between devices on the ATM reset pin so I am guessing it's a function given via the SPI bus at boot up.

I am hoping it will be a simple software fix. Any help will be appreciated.

• @Paul-Cousins i think omega2[+] gpio19 is a reset for the arduino dock, there is a chart in the docs. also, i do not think it is spi because the docs mention that those pins must float at boot. to test, you could use fast-gpio or gpioctl to read state and then set it to opposite and that should reboot the arduino.

• @Douglas-Kryder thank you! šŸ™‚ it is GPIO19 and it resets the arduino on high. Now for the tricky bit - I need to figure out how to suppress the high state pulse on boot up...

• administrators

@Paul-Cousins To achieve that you will need to modify the bootloader to set GPIO19 low on boot.
    here is the source if you are interested https://github.com/OnionIoT/omega2-bootloader

• Thank you @Zheng-Han - a little out of my depth with that for now šŸ˜ž I think I must rather focus on my original issue with the i2c driver freezing up randomly when fetching data from the arduino. I need to find a way to restart the driver without having to resort to a reboot and losing data.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.