We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Power dock & arduino dock

• Hello, can anyone tell me if there's a way to use power dock and arduino dock together ?
    Note : i'm newbie) And my question is about: Use arduino dock and power dock( to power the Omega and charge the battery)

• @leo-moura well, the omega2 is a "stackable" module system , so my guess would be that it would work but [my guesses are less than 100% correct these days] i suggest to contact onion by entering a ticket into the support system.
    https://onion.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

• @Douglas-Kryder The Extensions are stackable - the Docks are not.

• @leo-moura said in Power dock & arduino dock:

there's a way to use power dock and arduino dock together?

Power Dock 2 (PD2) with Omega2(+) & Arduino Dock 2 (AD2) without Omega2(+)
    It seems this can be a useful but maybe not the most economical configuration.

You should connect (theoretically - I have not tried this yet)

• the Expansion Header of PD2 to Omega's socket of AD2 - for example in this way
      SCL - SCL
      SDA - SDA
      RX1 - RX1
      TX1 - TX1
      for ICSP (for example)
      GPIO0 - GPIO15 GPIO1 - GPIO15 (sck = 1)
      GPIO2 - GPIO16 (mosi = 2)
      GPIO3 - GPIO17 (miso = 3)
      GPIO19 - GPIO19 (reset = ~19)
      Note: avrdude has some problem with 'sck = 0' (ie. GPIO0) ?!

• the Expansion Header of PD2 to the Expansion Header of AD2
      5V - 5V
      GND - GND

You should install arduino-dock-2 and slightly modify the avrdude.conf and arduino-dock-lib.sh files.

Good luck!

• @György-Farkas said in Power dock & arduino dock:

@Douglas-Kryder The Extensions are stackable - the Docks are not.

hi, since i own each of the modules and the arduino & expansion dock i pretty much was aware that physically it is not possible to "stack" them i used "stackable" in my earlier post in quotes to indicate that most elements are easy to interface although now i realize i should should have just said easy to interface. anyway, your reply to the OP clearly explains what i figured was possible but was unable to explain as well as you did.

• @leo-moura Sorry!

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

I connected a first version of PD (using GPIO 0 1, 2, 3 and 6 instead of 0 1, 2, 3 and 19) and an AD2 with ~10cm / ~4" wires on the above mentioned way.
    Note: firstly I tried to use GPIO 0,1,2 and 3 but avrdude has some problem with 'sck = 0' (ie. GPIO0) ?!
    There isn't any boot problem due to GPIOs.
    The I2C and the serial connection between the two boards are OK - maybe.
    The ICSP is not working at all works but it's fairly unstable. Probably those "too long" wires and the TXS0108E level shifter cause the problems.
    BTW there are some parasitic logical oscillation - the pulse waveforms of some pins are very-very "dirty". A faulty oscilloscope probe caused these problems.

So it seems this arrangement isn't working too well. Unfortunately.

It was a quick "test" only. Further investigations and more spare time are needed. Is it worth it?

I'm really sorry. 😞

• @György-Farkas thank you so much for all informations .

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.