We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Wifi Scan

• Hello

For some reason it doesn't work to scan for wifi networks while your in the AP network on the webserver of the Omega.
    I tried it over Ajax->PHP->Shell and then returning the json string. It just loads...
    Then I tried the setup wizard just to look how Onion solved this problem, but it's not working there either.

I don't think scanning for networks on boot or something like that, is a Solution.
    You should be able to scan for networks over a webserver and it works fine if your connected to the omega over the local network.

Any suggestions?

• @Fabian-Nydegger-0 You can scan the WiFi networks using a single ubus command:

ubus call onion wifi-scan "{'device':'ra0'}"

The wifisetup (not setup wizard as you mentioned) gets you through the process of connecting to available AP's. Also, wifisetup utility is an open source program that you can take a look in Our GitHub Repo

• I want to setup the onion over my own Webserver, the only problem I have is:

echo shell_exec("ubus call onion wifi-scan \"{'device':'ra0'}\"");

calling this command in the php script over the Webserver while being in the AP Network of the Omega, causes an infinit loop.

Can I avoid this somehow?

• I totaly forgot about the Bonjour Service thats why it didn't worked, usally I just set it up using the command-line.

Is there a way to to scan for Networks while setting up the omega without the Bonjour Service?

• Finally found a solution:
    If you use your own custom webserver to setup the omega and want to display nearby Networks.

<?php
    echo shell_exec("ubus call onion wifi-scan \"{'device':'ra0'}\"");
    ?>

^ This DOESN'T work! because:
    the php-interpreter doesn't have enaught ram to excute the command. It'll take a eternity.

Solution:
    in /etc/php.ini
    set memory_limit form 8M to 32M

memory_limit = 32M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume.

now the scan only takes about 5sec.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.