We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

[RESOLVED] Importing pySerial problems

• Hello, I'm encountering the following error message when trying to run --
    import serial -- in a Python script (I have installed pyserial):

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/serial/init.py", line 29, in <module>from serial.serialposix import Serial, PosixPollSerial, VTIMESerial # noqa
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 58, in <module> import array
    ImportError: Error relocating /usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/array.so: _PySlice_Unpack: symbol not found

I have no problems communicating to an Arduino through the Omega's command line (or screen commands), I would now like to starting running scripts to communicate to the Arduino.

Any help in this is greatly appreciated,
    Paul

• I've resolved the problem by performing a factory reset on the Omega2+ (ver: 0.1.10 b160) and then installing the full version of Python2.7 (not the light version) and PySerial, all works well now.

Paul

• administrators

@Paul-Smulders Thanks for sharing your solution. We will go ahead and mark the thread as resolved.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.