We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega2S Reset Pin C21 shutdown instead of reset

• I am having a problem with the Omega2S/Omega2S+ Reset pin C21.

Per the documentation C21 is the power on reset.

0_1526919536182_Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 11.16.21 AM.png

My boards have a 10k Pullup on that pin with a momentary pushbutton to ground.

Grounding C21 does cause the Omega2S to shut down, but it does not boot back up with out a power cycle.

The desired functionality is a full reset of the Omega2S with out a power cycle.

Does anybody else have similar results or a real hard reset solution?

• @Jeff-Seese Omega2s will reset, but won't be able to boot because the flash chip is still configured in 4 byte mode while the omega expects 3 byte mode after reset. You need to reset the omega2s and the flash together.

• @wdu said in Omega2S Reset Pin C21 shutdown instead of reset:

Omega2s will reset, but won't be able to boot because the flash chip is still configured in 4 byte mode while the omega expects 3 byte mode after reset.

Excuse me please but this confused me a little.
    If I know well Omega (Winbond 25Q128FV), Omega2 (Winbond W25Q128BV) and Omega2S (probably same or fully equivalent flash than Omega2) each of them has a 128 Mbit / 16 MByte SPI serial flash with 24 bit (A23-A0) ie. 3 byte address.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• @György-Farkas The + versions have 32 mbyte flash, which cannot be addressed in 3 byte mode. The power on reset for the flash is 3 byte mode, after boot they are switched to 4 byte address mode.

I only have experience with the + versions. I do not know if the normal versions use 3 or 4 byte addressing mode.

• @wdu OK So the missing + was a typo (only ;). Thank you.

• @Jeff-Seese

Does anybody else have ... a real hard reset solution?

Here you are a "brute force" solution by Onion for the HW_RST button problem of Omega2S+.
    It should work theoretically if you put a resistor between the base (1) and emitter (2) of the Q2 PNP transistor. 😉
    I wonder what about in practice because I do not have such devices.
    Omega2S-Dev-Board.pdf

0_1533114928703_OS2_brute_force.png

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.