We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega 2+ bricked

• Hello,

After a long break I've tried to launch my Omega 2+ with Power Dock 2. It was working, and configured.
    I've noticed that I have no Wi-FI from Omega and only solid amber LED from the begging.
    I've tried to connect to console via FTDI cable with specs found here but console is blank.
    So I've ensured that RX from FTDI is linked to Power Dock TX1, and accordingly TX to RX1
    For sure I'm choosing correct COM port because while cable RX and TX wired together I've got chars on console output.

I've tried to Factory Reset but after 10s (or even more) of holding Reset Button nothing happened.
    Same thing is when I hold Reset Button while powering up. Amber Diode flashing until i hold Reset Button, than once button is released become solid I should have bootloader menu but nope. Black console.

Direct connection of FW RST pin to 3V3 for approx. 10s to reset device also gave no results.

Do you guys have any idea what should I do to re-flash device?

EDIT:

I've found that console output are on RX0 TX0. so I solder wires to those pins. but blank console

• Here are some thoughts.

Hold off on re-flashing, if you can, until this forum has done what it can to help out. The folks here are pretty awesome!

When hooking up Tx and Rx lines, don't forget the ground/return line. This ensures the tranceivers are playing in the same playground.

Time and again I will hook up a Tx at one end that is a Tx at the other end, which of course won't work. Write down your circuit diagram and don't actually wire it up until you are happy with it....on paper.

If possible avoid soldering until you need something "permanently" connected. The double quotes to indicate sentiment, not literal behavior. Do what you need to do. Think forward.

Do you have other docks (e.g. Expansion) that may be usable in troubleshooting?

take care!
    Bill

• I forgot one more obvious thing. If the device is operative you ought to be able to find it via 802.11b/g. Fire up a laptop, or your tool of choice, and search for the access point SSID.

If you can't find the device there, I'm at a loss. I've fried up to a dozen Expansion Dock units (horrible design!), but haven't lost a processor yet.

Keep in touch.

--Bill

• @William-Scott said in Omega 2+ bricked:

ssible avoid soldering until you need something "permanently" connected. The double quotes to indicate sentiment, not literal behavior. Do what you need to do. Think forward.
    Do you have other docks (e.g. Expansion) that may be usable in troubleshooting?
    take care!

Thanks for reply! I will try this later.
    I cannot find any AP related to Omega. that's why I've tried to connect via UART. Actually I don't have any other docs but i've ordered one.

• Thanks @William-Scott for your interest. really appreciate.
    I bought Expansion Dock and thanks to serial connection I've realized that in the boot sequence there was Bad CRC error.
    I've reflashed Omega by pressing reset button on power-up and choose correct option.
    So now I'm back online.

• I have had this issue many many times, so I found this post, it has everything to unbrick it:
    https://github.com/OnionIoT/Onion-Docs/blob/master/Omega2/Documentation/Doing-Stuff/Advanced/Firmware-Flashing-from-USB-Storage.md

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.