We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Relay options for higher power?

• I would like to set up a small system with the following components:

• moisture sensor(s)
    • temperature sensor(s)
    • relay switching of mains power up to 110V / 1200W

The power relay is what gives me the problem.
    Any suggestions ?

The applications at my house are multiple:

1. Control of attic fans. The off-the shelf controller on the attic fans just turn them on when the attic temperature is over 80 degrees F, but I want to not turn them on unless the attic is hotter than the outside. So I want a 10-foot cable to a sensor that can be under the eaves.
    2. My wife's palm propagation greenhouse.
    • thermostat control of heating mats under the germination flats
    • thermostat control of fans, again need to ensure that the outside is cooler than the greenhouse before turning it on
    • warning when plants are getting dry

But a 60W power limit is too little. Is there a good, safe mains power relay that I can drive with a contact closure in the Onion's relay module?

I doubt that I am the only one with these needs.

• Regarding the relays, maybe think about SSR (solid state relays). They're a bit more expensive but controllable with logic signals and available up to very high current - beyond 100A at mains voltages.

The AC one also generally offer zero crossing switching i.e. switch at the 0V portion of the AC cycle.

HTH.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.