We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Use Omega2 without connecting it to a wifi network

• Hi all,

I was wondering if there's a way to use the Omega2 without connecting it to a wifi network.

For example: connect to it over it's internal wifi via your smartphone or laptop without the need having it connected to a wifi network.
    So you can access it's console/program/control it on the go.

This way it can act like stand alone device to control a robot for example.

Is this possible by now?, or will it be possible in the future?

• @Marnix You can disable Omega2's WiFi station / client on CLI with these commands:

• on firmwares v0.2.0 b175 and above / newer
      uci set wireless.sta.disabled='1'
      uci commit wireless
      wifi
    • on firmwares v0.1.10 b160 and below / older
      uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].ApCliEnable='0'
      uci commit wireless
      wifi

You can (re)enable the earlier configured WiFi station / client on CLI with these commands:

• on firmwares v0.2.0 b175 and above / newer
      uci set wireless.sta.disabled='0'
      uci commit wireless
      wifi
    • on firmwares v0.1.10 b160 and below / older
      uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].ApCliEnable='1'
      uci commit wireless
      wifi

You can also edit the /etc/config/wireless file directly to disable Omega2's WiFi station .
    Change

• in the config wifi-iface sta section option disabled '0' to option disabled '1' on newer FWs
    • in the config wifi-iface section option ApCliEnable '1' to option ApCliEnable '0' on older FWs

and run wifi.

wifisetup of the latest v0.2.1 b199 (2018-10-19) firmware has got a new command:

wifisetup reset
    Reseting all wireless network settings to factory state.
    Restarting WiFi driver and disconnecting from current network.
    This will end all wireless ssh sessions!

Be careful! Unfortunately it resets also the password of the Omega2's AP to the default 12345678.

Good luck.

• @György-Farkas

Thanks for the answer !

I'm sorry, maybe I'm not clear enough.
    But after disabling the WiFi station of the Omega2 as you described, will it be possible to connect to it directly via WiFi? to program it over WiFi and reach for example the OnionOS over WiFi on the go? without the need having it connected to a WiFi network?

Greets!

• You can connect to Onion's WiFi even if it is not connected to another network. It will assign you by default address from 192.168.3.0/24 subnet and you can reach it on 192.168.3.1

• @Bartosz-Grabias

I understand, but is it also possible to reach the OnionOS that way?, and can
    I program the device via the Code Editor if it is not connected to another network?

Thanks !

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.