We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

The Omega2 Pro is now available on Crowd Supply!

• The Omega2 Pro is now available on Crowd Supply:
    https://www.crowdsupply.com/onion/omega2-pro?goal=0_4ca4d15816-8ac0191325-103491497&mc_cid=8ac0191325&mc_eid=aca8d6995c
    In connection with this event, the question arises: will the support of Omega2 and Omega 2+ be discontinued?

• @CAP-33

In connection with this event, the question arises: will the support of Omega2 and Omega 2+ be discontinued?

I wouldn't think so.
    There are many O2's and O2+'s out there in the wild, not to mention all the docks that rely on them. IMHO, It wouldn't make sense to discontinue them.

To my mind, the O2Pro is basically a little beefed up version of an O2+ hard fixed to a power dock.

Or are you seeing something obvious that I am missing here?

• @cas
    I think you are right.

• they say openwrt 18.06 as operating system which might be an indication that onion will no longer make the firmware. of course it may mean that the onion FW build is based on openwrt 18.06 but that is not what they state. so, if openwrt 18.06 [and newer] is the future then it does raise the question of will the current omega2 FW continue to be developed?

• The entire main SoC is the same, 580MHz MIPS (MT7688) with 128MB DDR2 RAM. The Pro Version is the Omega2S+ with a 8GB eMMC and a LiPo charger, with a 384 MB swap file from flash to expand the RAM (already described here) and a few Dock accessories for the USB-Serial and power part.

I see no reason why the firmwares for the Omega2+ and the Omega2 Pro shouldn't be compatible with each other, please correct me if that's wrong.

And using the same SoC with the same silicon bugs for the SPI also means we'll inherit the exact same problems with full-duplex transfers there.

• So the biggest problem with the Omega2+ is that you can't turn of that access point. Is there a way to do this now on this?

• administrators

Glad to see everyone is as excited about the Omega2 Pro as we are! šŸ˜„

A few clarifying points:

• The Omega2 Pro is an addition to the Onion family. We will not be discontinuing Omega2 and Omega2+ for the foreseeable future.
    • The firmware is an Onion-flavored OpenWRT 18.06. We will still continue to create firmware for the Omega2 family, and the OpenWRT 18.06 version will make its way to the Omega2 and Omega2+ in the short term.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.